Goofy crap that I do that works!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Do you take meds, I take a lot of them, but I save those little moisture eaters in a separate pill bottle, here's what I do with them:
I store my everyday use stuff in gallon pickle jars, in go two or three before I grease the inside of the lid to keep out critters. Try PAM, you won't get weevils or micro-roaches ever!

Ever had a 1/2 bag of chips nobody wanted? it happens here weekly. Pop a couple of those moisture eaters in a gallon jug and dump your unwanted chips in, it does not matter about mixing up the flavors as you'll see in a minute, When it's full, spread them out in an oven tray, mix in a bag of mixed nuts, lightly spray with butter flavored PAM and sprinkle with season all and bake at 120 for 10 minutes. Now you have a gallon of party mix!

I'm a freak, I reuse my aluminum foil. I made this special rack out of a couple of small refrigerator grills, I lay my foil in between them and clamp them together using "chip clips" and into the dishwasher, they go!

That stupid 1 egg-sized frying pan nobody uses.
I soaked it in white vinegar for a week to get all the crud off, Painted it green and now I use it for incense and as an ashtray. If you have nice stuff, glue some velvet on the bottom so it won't scuff.

That putting iron you bought for a buck at that yard sale. I normally shoo wildlife off my stuff with it, but the grip makes it an ace back-scratcher! glue on a healthy magnet and it's a pickup stick!

I put bread, cakes, candy, and cookies in gallon-sized Tupperware totes. keeps them fresh and bug-free.

Milk crates. Sahib at the Quick Mart lets me have a few now and then if they get piled up, they stack. 90% of my preps are in them. you can also stack them face out with a thin piece of plywood and a couple of bolts to make a decent bookcase or more accessible stuff.

That leftover drawer:
Nothing is junk, reinforce the joints with gorilla glue and crews, remove the handles, and now it's a shelf! Just be sure you screw it into a brace!

Screw a clipboard to the wall somewhere in "your space" You'll be amazed at how clean your desk gets.
Keep a half-gallon tote near your desk for "Might be important later" Mail.

Your right.... Maybe goofy, but since it works that is what counts..

I also used milk crates to store things.. Canning jars, tins of nuts, bolts and like.. On there sides tied together to form pidgin hole storage..

Your imagination is your only limit...

Latest posts

Back