Has any one used a VESTA Self-Powered Stove & Indoor Space Heater?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biobacon33

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I'm sorry if anyone has asked this before and I missed it but has any one used the

VESTA Self-Powered Stove & Indoor Space Heater?​

Thinking of getting one as a backup heat source for this winter. I'm interested in anyone's experience with it.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_021249_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_021249_Chrome.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry if anyone has asked this before and I missed it but has any one used the

VESTA Self-Powered Stove & Indoor Space Heater?​

Thinking of getting one as a backup heat source for this winter. I'm interested in anyone's experience with it.
Thanks
I've never heard of it. I have a couple backup options for heat. I'm trying to see what the fuel is for the VESTA. $12.95 for a 3 pack that is good for up to 6 or 8 hours? I would want at least two weeks worth of fuel. I think it is important to have a few options for when the heat goes out.

It's chaffing fuel. That's why I figured it was a safer option for indoor use then my mr heater that uses propane.

I was hoping someone here had one and could tell me if it was decent. Worse case scenario it would be good if I could heat at least one room. The Mr Heater still kinda scares me for potential carbon monoxide. I really don't want to use kerosene because I grew up with it and I hate the smell. Yeah I'm being uppity. Lol. If I had to I would obviously but I want to avoid it.

I was hoping someone here had one and could tell me if it was decent. Worse case scenario it would be good if I could heat at least one room. The Mr Heater still kinda scares me for potential carbon monoxide. I really don't want to use kerosene because I grew up with it and I hate the smell. Yeah I'm being uppity. Lol. If I had to I would obviously but I want to avoid it.
Nothing wrong with propane. We use a Mr Heater in our bathroom. We lived in a cabin for a few years with an unvented tankless water heater and an unvented wall mount propane heater. Never had an issue.

If you've already got a Mr Heater, why not just use it along with a carbon monoxide alarm? A good CO alarm will run you $30, whereas the Vesta is $140. Not to mention the chaffing fuel creates carbon monoxide as well. For the $140 for the vesta, I'd invest in the adapter hose to run large cylinders of propane and stock two or three extra tanks instead.

Just me .02 but you can have it for free.

If you've already got a Mr Heater, why not just use it along with a carbon monoxide alarm? A good CO alarm will run you $30, whereas the Vesta is $140. Not to mention the chaffing fuel creates carbon monoxide as well. For the $140 for the vesta, I'd invest in the adapter hose to run large cylinders of propane and stock two or three extra tanks instead.

Just me .02 but you can have it for free.
Thank you for the .02.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back