How would you treat worms in humans with "natural" remedies.....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People around here take ivermectin from the feed store
Tinactin on the skin for ring worm
I agree! Ivermectin (horse wormer) is also effective against some virus. Since this thread is asking about natural, I have used a mixture of jalapeno, habanero, and garlic, smashed and mixed into a paste, then smeared on small pieces of bread, swallowed quickly, then chased with lime juice.

It burnt me a new one, but the worms were either dead or unhappy and rode the next stool out of Dodge.

Pumpkins were a big part of medicine in ancient Greece. It continued to hold an important place until the early 1900’s in the middle east and the us. Here in the US it was well known for helping prostrate and bladder issues and to a lesser degree for treating worms.

Basically the raw seeds contain an amino acid named ‘Cucurbitan’ that anesthetizes the worms. They can then be removed by a gentle purgative. Treating worms is hit and miss… because some seeds contain very little cucurbitan, some have a lot.

Watermelon and cucumber seeds have very similar properties but are not exactly the same. But, seeds from cucumber and melon are immature when eaten and have little or no cucurbitan yet.

Pumpkin seeds can be thought of as a ‘tonic’, something helpful when eaten from time to time. Especially if you have prostate issues. The ancient greeks referred to pumpkin as a ‘male tonic’.

Last edited:
The OP’s original request: “And how would you deal with that during a four-year SHTF....???”
Rite Aid ain’t gonna be open.
Buy the stuff now. Store in dark place. Its cheap. You all buy extra canned goods. You prep all kinds of stuff. So basic drugs need to be bought . or do you think searching black walnut trees in mid winter is going to work ?

Buy the stuff now. Store in dark place. Its cheap. You all buy extra canned goods. You prep all kinds of stuff. So basic drugs need to be bought . or do you think searching black walnut trees in mid winter is going to work ?
I hunt plants year round over 400sq miles. Here in the south many plants are available in winter. I know where all the walnut trees are, have access to about 2 dozen. That said... I make a lot of tinctures and store them. Can i find medicines in winter, yes! Do I want too? No! This is my medicine cabinet...

20230621_herbroom_3sm.jpg

When we first started we learned at the vet school that you should use all 3 types of wormers right away and only on animals that have pale eyelids ( FAMACHA) , so we did that and have never really had a problem with parasites, so I keep some in stock all the time: Cydectin ( plus Ivermectic pour on for skin parasites if they get any) , Prohibit, and Valbazen
I have a chart on how much to give sheep or goats and it is much higher than the dosage on the container says ( which is for cattle)
natural wormers: Darwin! The strong survive

Buy the stuff now. Store in dark place. Its cheap. ...basic drugs need to be bought ..

Preachin to the Choir, Cap'n Obvious! :rolleyes: This thread is for the times when, yanno, ALL the "Rite Aids" have been long looted and burned out by 'Mostly Peaceful Protests', and all yer "stockpiles" run out (and they Will..) So - Whatcha got (besides snappy snark) to add to the thread? 🤔 Keen to hear Yer Non-pharma ideas.. 👍

Anyhoo, born in late 60s / growing up in the 70s in CA, my Sisters and I were Absolute 'playground hogs'.. We would be out playing in dirt / mud / grassy-fields, climbing trees, etc - barefoot - as Often as could be for Hours, and I have distinct memories of Sis's in the bathroom with Mom, crying / muffled convos where I gleaned it was 'something-something-Pinworms in the Knish-something' 🤣

..and while I Do recall "ivermectin" being mentioned (remembered it as it was an 'odd' word..) there was Some 'molasses-based-something' that Gramma Libby made, that Mom gave the Grrls, and - yah - I remember *Hearing* those 'cleansing sessions' - Sounded like a firehose in the bowl, interleaved with wailing and crying.. 🤣 I was terrified to take it. 😄 Thankfully, I never Had to.. 😇

I'll have to hit Mum up to find out what that 'Gramma-sauce' was but.. It was (apparently) something Powerful, yet Natural. :cool:

jd

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back