Prepper skillsets: What have you got?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a sympathy kill- bloody dog got into the chicken pen- I was in the middle of an online lecture when I saw it going on from the upstairs window. I needed to get back into class; so I made a quick assessment that I couldn't help her other than to help her on her way. I have assisted with butchering our lambs and pheasants before, but haven't had to do it on my own though. For pheasants I just debreast, and I can gut a fish. I'm not squeamish; just have always had men around to do that kind of thing tbh.
Did you get the dog first?

We had a Mexican neighbor who set one of his roosters on fire for losing a fight. (He told me he did this when I asked about it!) A katana is pretty useless IRL these days, but it ended his suffering quickly. I wanted to show my neighbor just how effective it was, but I settled for calling animal control on his sadistic @ss.

I guess you can call this a skill set; I married well and the wife runs a mean homestead. I am simply the jack of most trades with some benefits.

I guess you can call this a skill set; I married well and the wife runs a mean homestead. I am simply the jack of most trades with some benefits.
YES!! My Hubby Chose well (we never got married), and I run a mean homestead! We are both pretty darn great do it yourselfers!! Actually, I chose him so he just really lucked into this whole situation!! 😉 Basically, having a good team is a good skillset!!

YES!! My Hubby Chose well (we never got married), and I run a mean homestead! We are both pretty darn great do it yourselfers!! Actually, I chose him so he just really lucked into this whole situation!! 😉 Basically, having a good team is a good skillset!!

Teamwork is key which includes allowing and supporting what each other does best.

Yes, teamwork is the key- a bit of balance. I know physically I cannot do certain things, and by trying to I could put myself out of action, which means my own work wouldn't get done either. You have to weigh up and be sensible about what you are able to do, and as a female, not get all feminist about it. In relation to the original question, I think if I was on my own, or there were less of us here, I would adapt the whole place, and probably eat differently also. I certainly wouldn't cook dinner every night, and the washing machine barrel would need emptying less ;)

Latest posts

Back