Side income and 1099k

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcast

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Will you change how you sell products you produce ? By not using 3rd party payments and move to in person pick up and cash payments? To avoid paying tax? Or will you quit altogether? I know alot of people make ends meet by selling used goods, arts, or puppies. And use online sites to advertise. The posts on foodstamps or welfare programs in general, even Medicaid, got me wondering since that income would count against you in the next reviews. I know paypal and other pay platforms its posted to your bank account instantly so guess dhhr could ask about that income. Its not about paying your states sales tax .

The IRS Is Cracking Down on Small-Time eBay and Etsy Sellers

Will you change how you sell products you produce ? By not using 3rd party payments and move to in person pick up and cash payments? To avoid paying tax? Or will you quit altogether? I know alot of people make ends meet by selling used goods, arts, or puppies. And use online sites to advertise. The posts on foodstamps or welfare programs in general, even Medicaid, got me wondering since that income would count against you in the next reviews. I know paypal and other pay platforms its posted to your bank account instantly so guess dhhr could ask about that income. Its not about paying your states sales tax .

The IRS Is Cracking Down on Small-Time eBay and Etsy Sellers
It's just a scare tactic. They have much bigger fish to fry.
Even if you sold something for $1,000 on eBay and got paid for it with paypal, how can they dispute that it didn't cost you $900 to make it. They are doing all that work for the tax on $100 of untaxed income? No.
They are after the ones that sell $250,000 of stuff per year online and still get food stamps and welfare.

Latest posts

Back