Stuff you can do with old plastic bottles.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't some hands make a Kon-Tiki raft out of plastic 2L bottles many years ago? I don't mean the "plastic island" swirling around in the Pacific Ocean, I mean an actual raft with hundreds or thousands of 2L bottles strapped together? Or somehow secured? Maybe it was just a "pipe dream" from the 'Opium Daze!' :oops:

Didn't some hands make a Kon-Tiki raft out of plastic 2L bottles many years ago? I don't mean the "plastic island" swirling around in the Pacific Ocean, I mean an actual raft with hundreds or thousands of 2L bottles strapped together? Or somehow secured? Maybe it was just a "pipe dream" from the 'Opium Daze!' :oops:
I think so.

Actually it has been done quite a bit. Here is a link about one guy who built one and sailed from California to Hawaii,

Back