Tips of all kinds!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never even heard of them. We do have an overstock type store but I’ve never been in it. We also have a Marshalls and I’ve never been in it either. I’m one who calls or looks online to see if a place has what I’m after before going - not super fond of shopping.
(ETA unless it’s antiques)

I have been using the label maker and making labels for all of my electronic device cords. I print out using the small font that I can get by doing a return, and then I print it twice before I cut it off. I fold it over on the end of the cord. I am also keeping cords and some devices in a bin.

Don't keep medications in your medicine cabinet!! "But isn't it a medicine cabinet?" Yes it is, but visitors will go to the bathroom and may help themselves. Where is a better place to keep medications? I am not 100% sure about this, but my aunt and uncle keep theirs in a kitchen cabinet. This kitchen has three sides and the fourth side is open into their dining room, so visitors will be on full view if they go into the kitchen, not like the bathroom where they can go, close the door, and explore the medications.

Don't keep medications in your medicine cabinet!! "But isn't it a medicine cabinet?" Yes it is, but visitors will go to the bathroom and may help themselves. Where is a better place to keep medications? I am not 100% sure about this, but my aunt and uncle keep theirs in a kitchen cabinet. This kitchen has three sides and the fourth side is open into their dining room, so visitors will be on full view if they go into the kitchen, not like the bathroom where they can go, close the door, and explore the medications.
keep my meds in a ammo can & do not allow anyone in the master bath room.

My neighbor is an amputee. They bought their home just a month or two before I bought mine. They had an elevator installed for her to use. When they have their annual holiday party, children are thrilled to ride it up and down. Since we both bought our homes in 1990, I'd bet it would cost so much more now than when they bought it.
My son wiring a house that over 3000 square feet & three stores, they have an elevator that moves from the ground(1st) floor to 2nd floor. It is a forklift mast that moves up like a cable elevator, with a closet frame around it for a shaft.

Back