3lb's ground meat meatloaf

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
1 packet of onion soup mix
3 lb's of beef or vinisin
1 large egg
3/4 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of catsup
3 table spoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoons of yellow musturd
2 to 4 tablespoons of heinz red wine vinegar
directions
1.preheat oven to 350f
2.mix the ingredients.then mix into the beef..
3..mix bread/cracker crumbs to disired thickness
4.form the combination into a well packed loaf shape in a 13x9x2 loaf pan
5.bake uncovered for about one hour.when done turn oven off.take meatloaf from oven.drain grease from pan.then spread meatloaf topping over top of meatloaf.
6.replace into over for 5 minutes.then it's ready to serve and eat.

We used to combine some ground venison with some ground beef. Individually, both are decent, but together, something magical happens. :D

you got that right..i mixed 2lb's beef and 1lb of venison last time i made meatloaf.needless to say that was the best i made yet..

In general, combining gamey meats with similar, less gamey meats, tends to work really well, the gamey meat enhances the flavor of the less gamey, while the latter eliminates the gamey taste. (and yeah, usually a two to one ratio, like you mentioned).

Have you tried a mix with wild pork? It's open season all year round here in the Bayou State for wild hog and I plan on getting my share. Any body done it?

As long as there's lots of gravy and mashed potatoes to go along with it I'm happy!

As long as there's lots of gravy and mashed potatoes to go along with it I'm happy!
I thought the gravy and taters were a given with meatloaf. . . they go hand n hand. I have one of those recipes that I use all the time and if I try a variation, my hunny can tell, but I have to say that Jim's recipe looks interesting. . .just need to scale back this recipe since it is only hunny and I at home now these days.

Latest posts

Back