9/11. Flags to half staff.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
911 dogs
1726072499158.png

1726072770801.png

1726073235977.png

1726072572293.png

That golden retriever looks sad.
It’s weird working with so many people who were all children or babies when this happened. I know I’m not the only one who had feelings of despair, anxiety, shock, and confusion. This day brings those memories back and feelings of sadness.

That golden retriever looks sad.
It’s weird working with so many people who were all children or babies when this happened. I know I’m not the only one who had feelings of despair, anxiety, shock, and confusion. This day brings those memories back and feelings of sadness.

Almost 1/4 of all active military personnel were not born until after 9/11.

Apollo​

1694376361.jpg

Doug Kanter / AP

Apollo was the first canine responder at the 9/11 scene, arriving at the South Tower just 15 minutes after its collapse.

At just 2 years of age, this German Shepherd graduated from the New York Police Department’s Special Operations Division and became one of the city’s top dogs in the 1990s, working with the first K-9 Urban Search and Rescue team.

Apollo tirelessly searched for survivors, dedicating 18 hours a day for weeks before he had to be forced to stop from exhaustion.

Latest posts

Back