Acetaminophen Linked to Increased Risk of Kidney Dysfunction when Combined with Alcohol

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Neighbor
I found this article to be both interesting and unnerving.

Acetaminophen

Nice to know. . . when I get my headaches/migraines I normally go for 1 acetaminophen and 2 aspirins, my personal cocktail and if all else fails, I'll take a couple of drinks to help dull the pain. Once you have a headache for 3 days straight, you will do almost anything. But now. . . I may need to rethink my self prescribed drugs.

well i dont take tylenol..and my mom stoped takeing it..and i think its because of Acetaminophen..so we're good to go on that..

I've heard this before. I've had some friends who liked to drink a lot and their doctors told them SPECIFICALLY not to take tylenol or other acetaminophen when drinking or while suffering from a hangover. I've heard this to be true with ibuprofen, too. I was told by my doctor(Back when I used to drink) that it's safe, as long as you limit the amount of alcohol and the frequency with which you mix them. It seems that it's hard on kidneys and liver. No surprise there...

It's starting to sound like the best things are aspirin(Which also has a blood thinning effect and can cause stomach issues-even ulcers), and holistic alternatives. There are natural analgesics out there that can be gathered from tree bark and other plants... I'm trying to study up on thsi now but I feel hesitant to ramble on about this without having tried it myself.

I've heard this before. I've had some friends who liked to drink a lot and their doctors told them SPECIFICALLY not to take tylenol or other acetaminophen when drinking or while suffering from a hangover. I've heard this to be true with ibuprofen, too. I was told by my doctor(Back when I used to drink) that it's safe, as long as you limit the amount of alcohol and the frequency with which you mix them. It seems that it's hard on kidneys and liver. No surprise there...

It's starting to sound like the best things are aspirin(Which also has a blood thinning effect and can cause stomach issues-even ulcers), and holistic alternatives. There are natural analgesics out there that can be gathered from tree bark and other plants... I'm trying to study up on thsi now but I feel hesitant to ramble on about this without having tried it myself.
With a normal headache, I will take a couple aspirin and only when I have a migraine will take the acetaminophen, which is normally about 3-4 times a year, but still thinking I need to cut that out completely. We'll see how it goes. . . like I said after about three days you do whatever at that time.

Latest posts

Back