Add our area??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering how to add our area in the section to find people close to where I live??

I am in BC canada. :)

I am kinda leary about that. Not that I don't like you all but we get a lot of visitors on here. The last thing I want is to advertise my whereabouts. That is why I don't use my real name or my picture. I am concerned of becoming a target more than anything. If I want further info put out to someone I would do it through a PM, not for the world to see. I strongly suggest not using a personal photo of yourself as an avatar, especially the ladies. I may sound a little paranoid, but I do like how my tin foil hat fits!

I am kinda leary about that. Not that I don't like you all but we get a lot of visitors on here. The last thing I want is to advertise my whereabouts. That is why I don't use my real name or my picture. I am concerned of becoming a target more than anything. If I want further info put out to someone I would do it through a PM, not for the world to see. I strongly suggest not using a personal photo of yourself as an avatar, especially the ladies. I may sound a little paranoid, but I do like how my tin foil hat fits!
Yeah... me too .that's NOT my picture or real name. Besides....you would have to do some serious retouching to make someone look as good as my avatar

Yeah it is unfortunate the internet is filled with people who conceal their identity to avoid being held accountable for their actions online. Certain aspects of society both break the law or face people who will seek out people to victimize for political or other things that are suppose to be our fundamental freedoms. It just isn't a very tolerant society. Personally I do post with my real name, however the internet is still very insecure and people can spoof, this is why I have a means for people to contact in real life such as phone, my mailing address etc.. Then again anyone who is relatively open in public, be it through the organizations, media outlets, or involvement in personal issues faces backlash by individuals who try to oppress peoples freedoms.

Personally I think this thread is more about adding a Canada section rather than just US China and UK etc.. there are a few people from Canada here, I think that she'd just like a Canada section the US has I think it broken down to regions. None the less this site is hosted by an American, so the bias is there likely for a reason.
It feels a bit like counter feminism, because as soon as women have voice men need to cede power to them, I think the absence of a Canada section is parallel to that idea.

None the less people are accountable to the law, it is just unfortunate their are some twisted people out there who will not only victimize but take lengths to not be caught violating other people. Personally all you can do is destroy them completely when you get the chance, personally I think God will hold things to account and those people who are bringing hurt into the world will some day be held accountable for their actions. Just a little off topic.

It is actually illegal to post as someone else in many cases, but the fake identity aspect of the internet is just so greatly entrenched. People like the ability to create an alternate identity because they think they are anonymous and unknown, this however just gets people to pretend to be people they arn't in real life. It gives you the idea what people might do if in WROL... people don't try to create a world where people are held to account, because they both fear being known and thus a victim or fear being found victimizing.

Personally I've been on public fm radio, and I'm very vocal as an individual including contentious political issues, and I'm not all PC, so yes you can suffer a backlash, particularly by those who are authority figures. There is real persecution both in Canada and the US for what you believe and what you communicated even if it is within the law. There are a lot of power trippers, people who have personal or political biases, and they don't play by the rules.

The rules are simply whatever you can get away with. Personally though I see it much like being out in public, the internet is no different. Law abiding people only have reason to be concerned about the criminals, yet real life is that way too, the internet just empowers people because they feel that they are unaccountable because they arn't giving their personal information, and cops don't care about the internet, unless it is a business, or pedophilia. Tons of crimes go unchecked online none the less....

I think people should be who they are, this is why I advocate for national intranets that require real identity logins a little like north korea to offer a safe internet environment, however there is a place for the internet, I just also support a secure citizens net for business transactions and government communications, and public forums.

Latest posts

Back