Adventure . Sort of .

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalm 7

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
A couple of weeks ago I got someones mail by mistake and noticed the address was the same number but another road than mine , also atached to it was a red sticker warning the mail carrier to be carful while delivering to this person . The mail was some kind of leagal stuff from the county court I put it back in my mail box for them to redeliver . So this morning I get a call ( I'm still in the phone book with a land line ) this loud rough voice ask if I was ........ and I said yea . He says I got a package for you by mistake you want to come and get it . He told me his name and address and I thought about the red sticker . So I loaded my Ruger p89 and went over to get it . This is all rual area out here several coves lead from small towns up to the foot of the moutains and to so this was 2 coves over . When I got there he came out with a box and we had some small talk about the mail service and weather and I drove back home . Good ole boy , little ruff aroud the eadges . On the way home I scattered several wild turkeys and thought I could hit one from here with this 9mm . But the thought of being charged with Road hunting and shooting turkey out of season . I came home without fireing a shot . The box was from a knife shop I ordered a CRKT Dragon for my son trying to have most of my Christmas shopping done by the end of Summer this year except for any electronics that may need warranty after Christmas .

dont ya just love that mail service? LOL..every once in a while we'll still get some sort of add or some thing else for someone that ain't lived here in years..

A couple of weeks ago I got someones mail by mistake and noticed the address was the same number but another road than mine , also atached to it was a red sticker warning the mail carrier to be carful while delivering to this person . The mail was some kind of leagal stuff from the county court I put it back in my mail box for them to redeliver . So this morning I get a call ( I'm still in the phone book with a land line ) this loud rough voice ask if I was ........ and I said yea . He says I got a package for you by mistake you want to come and get it . He told me his name and address and I thought about the red sticker . So I loaded my Ruger p89 and went over to get it . This is all rual area out here several coves lead from small towns up to the foot of the moutains and to so this was 2 coves over . When I got there he came out with a box and we had some small talk about the mail service and weather and I drove back home . Good ole boy , little ruff aroud the eadges . On the way home I scattered several wild turkeys and thought I could hit one from here with this 9mm . But the thought of being charged with Road hunting and shooting turkey out of season . I came home without fireing a shot . The box was from a knife shop I ordered a CRKT Dragon for my son trying to have most of my Christmas shopping done by the end of Summer this year except for any electronics that may need warranty after Christmas .

Part of the reason they are losing money. I am sure eventually they will have to give the mail service to either FEDEX or UPS...that should be really interesting.

It's run by the government, what do you expect. . . actual service?

Latest posts

Back