Alibaba and 沒有簽證

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
How this company Alibaba out paced Amazon I haven't a clue? I gone through the web site and I am still trying to figure out how the hell I pay for merchandize? example; http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Portable-solar-power-system-300W_611486111.html "Payment Terms: T/T,Western Union,MoneyGram" I ask for them to explain the payment terms and got this 沒有簽證

Some of the merchandize has paypal as a payent option but it isn't standard across the site and payment options are not uniformly across this e-commerce and in a few cases you don't know you are paying for shipping until the vender has your payment information, it is imperative to talk to the vender and get the FULL PRICE, ya, don't ask, I was/am confused, you need to talk to the vendor before you make the order (trust me on this) much of the merchandize is shipped from china, oh ya, when talking to a vender you will find out the true meaning to "getting lost in translation"

Oh, almost forgot...

China's Alibaba May Be Readying Major Hollywood Assault
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinas-alibaba-may-be-readying-734305

Yeah, they had an IPO today. Wish I had some money to invest. They aren't really a factor here in the states yet, but basically the king over in China (which is why any English instructions are likely lacking). Getting in on the ground floor of this would probably guarantee a good retirement. Like if you bought Microsoft or Amazon shares, when first available.

I'd been on alibaba before and wasn't sure if it's the same sight or not. Now I realize it is indeed the site you mentioned. I can't imagine how in the world this site is going to continue growth when it opens at such a ridiculously high figure... I really think this is going to lead to some hurt feelings and ugly times for folks investing in it.

think I'll give my friend from work a bundle of dollars and tell him to get me one next time he goes to shanghai,before I try to figure that site out... I only have so many years to live and don't wanna spend them figuring out alibabas way :)

My guess is, that's why they are going public now, to get the funding to become more of a global presence. Still, will be difficult to compete with Amazon in the US, as they already have the infrastructure.

A good read on this company and pretty much hit the nail on the head

How will Alibaba measure up to America's online retail giants?
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/09...a-measure-up-to-amazon-ebay/?intcmp=obnetwork

"As it continues to expand globally, one major concern circles Alibaba's reputation – specifically, the presence of counterfeit goods that can easily find their way on a retail platform like Taobao. “There is a very well documented challenge concerning the manufacture and distribution of counterfeit goods using Chinese marketplace platforms, and in spite of recent IPR [intellectual property rights] protection efforts, the Alibaba Group of companies is used by infringers as an outlet for these products,”"

For ordering bulk of mostly junk stuff it rules, but the company also is into online payments. I wouldn't get all bent about this company as quality still counts for something

And it's lax policies on piracy and counterfeits are going to really limit it's offerings in first world countries too.

Latest posts

Back