Alone in the wilderness

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
anyone else ever heard of dick perneckie? I just saw a pbs show on this guy that moved to Alaska at 50 yrs old, built a log cabin, and lived for thirty five years. It was an amazing show, the guy took an old brownie camera and filmed himself in a documentary style. I've seen it before, but just caught it again tonight. It looked like paradise except for one thing, he was alone. No sex, conversation, not even a dog! Oh well, every form of refuge has its price!

I have the book about it. Called 'One Man's Wilderness' an Alaskan Odyssey by Sam Keith from the journals and photographs of Richard Proenneke. It was about the first year he was there which included the cabin building. It's been a few years since I have read it, but very interesting book. I may have to re-read it again when I get some spare time. The photos are just beautiful! But no, I have never seen a TV show about it.

I have the book about it. Called 'One Man's Wilderness' an Alaskan Odyssey by Sam Keith from the journals and photographs of Richard Proenneke. It was about the first year he was there which included the cabin building. It's been a few years since I have read it, but very interesting book. I may have to re-read it again when I get some spare time. The photos are just beautiful! But no, I have never seen a TV show about it.
I am sure you could find it on line. Its a really inspiring story, and unbeleavable scenery. There is a second part to it now Ive heard, but haven't seen it yet.

Yeah I've seen some stuff on him, I aspire to that in many ways but haven't got what it takes I think :)

Latest posts

Back