Apple pie recipes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I just googled some apple pie recipes, and have it cooking in the oven right now. (Craving something sweet tonight). I'm using some of the canned apples I grew last season. They seemed a little soft, not crisp like when fresh, but well see how it turns out in 30 more minutes. Anyhow, I have about twenty five more quarts of apples to play with. Anyone have any interesting ideas beyond the regular sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and a pinch of salt? I think I remember something about heavy cream in something I read once, not really sure what that is, but probably at the grocery store. I noticed that most of the apple trees in the yard are showing some signs of buds allready, so I need to start using up some of these jars to make room for this years batch!

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 box powdered sugar and a little milk. . . just about 4 Tablespoons of milk. Mix well. This is enough for 2 pies. Spread into the bottom of your pie crusts and top with whatever filling you have. I have made this with apple and cherry.

ok dude..how did it turn out???
It's really good, I added a little bit of melted caramel brushed on the crust and gave it a little extra ummm. The apples are a little softer than I like normally, but is really good anyways.

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 box powdered sugar and a little milk. . . just about 4 Tablespoons of milk. Mix well. This is enough for 2 pies. Spread into the bottom of your pie crusts and top with whatever filling you have. I have made this with apple and cherry.
Does the powdered sugar replace the regular sugar? I bet the cream cheese adds a lot of flavor. Desserts aren't my area of expertise by any means, but it's always fun to learn new things. The problem is, if there here, I'll eat them, so it's a rare thing for me to play with. I'm definitely going to try the cream cheese though:)!

oh I forgot. . . you add 1 teaspoon vanilla to the cream cheese mixture too. You would add the cream cheese mixture to your pie crust and then add your apple pie filling on top of it, so it would be two separate things. Your apple pie filling would still need the white sugar. . .You make your pie filling as you would normally and just pour on top of the cream cheese mixture, then put your top crust on and bake like you normally would. The cream cheese is just for a variation to your everyday pie. You can also use your apples for apple crisp, cobblers, make a cheese cake and once cooled down, top with apple pie filling, drizzled caramel and some pecans.

Latest posts

Back