at least 2 dead and 1000's without power

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then there's go out into situations like that,when they shouldn't and don't have to.and im sure 100's if not 1000's got stranded on flooded streets and hwy's simply because they drove where they shouldn't of..only way id get out in that type of weather.is if it were my "only" choice to survive it.

I just don't understand why anyone who lives somewhere where they regularly get storms isn't prepared for when the next one hits.
its just common sense to not go out and put ourselves at risk, whether its high winds, flooding or riots, stay in and stay safe, but I suppose common sense just isn't COMMON any more, its always someone else's job to save them isn't it? never theirs.
that's why I don't give a damn about other people, if they aren't concerned about their own survival why should I be?

Last edited:
This was a "derecho" storm that moves very rapidly with hurricane force straight line winds. They often hit without warning as the winds lead the storm, so there is no thunder or dark clouds preceding the wind. I've been outside in two derechos. It just comes out of nowhere. It's like a tsunami of wind. There is no build up - one second everything is calm and clear, the next second a wall of wind smashes into you.

Last edited:
I play in storms. It's the only time I like to jog. If it's a bad storm, I go outside to enjoy it, I can't help myself. I've been through Hurricanes and typhoons at sea on the carrier, I loved it. My wife calls me when she sees lightning... so I can check it out.

It has to be a bad storm before I am thinking time to take cover.

Common sense? lol not in this case. Hopefully it never gets me killed.

Latest posts

Back