Bachelor buttons

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Train wreck, topic change. copied from swallowtailgardenseeds
1725334621693.png

My original thought on this would have just got my post deleted.
I'm a bit dense so I'm probably showing my age, not before Elvis though. I remember the day he died. I remember the first Betty Crocker cake mix. Lol
This song is where my mind goes. Never really fit in these modern day. It makes sense to me. Modern lingo and all that don't

@LadyLocust Sewing notions are no longer quality made, true! Because they’re mostly made cheaply in China, etc. I wonder if the Amish have a good resource for sewing notions.
So the buttons on our jeans and down the front of this denim dress I’m wearing…those are called bachelor’s buttons?
(I also call those flowers cornflowers).

@LadyLocust Sewing notions are no longer quality made, true! Because they’re mostly made cheaply in China, etc. I wonder if the Amish have a good resource for sewing notions.
So the buttons on our jeans and down the front of this denim dress I’m wearing…those are called bachelor’s buttons?
(I also call those flowers cornflowers).
I can’t see what dress you are wearing from here but if they have a “post” on the back of the button and what looks like the end of a rivet (which is exactly what it is) on the back side, yep.

Yaaaasssss.
Are they especially difficult to place? Have you made items with such notions? Lol that sounds kinda wicked.
I’ve only used them once or twice. They are usually for heavy duty stuff like a coat or such which I don’t typically make. I might have some up in my fun room. Easy to use- they typically come with the little tool set - will see if I can find a pix.

1726568396037.png

Me,too! I saw the plant, but the real thing is something too. I know how to sow on a button, does not everyone?

They’ve got some awesome work-boots on that site. Do you get yours from them?
(And the flowers I posted are called bachelor buttons).
No never ordered boots from them....ordered other things though..my boots i bought at local saw shop in west carried them...or went to factory(west coast boot known as wesco) in oregon where they measured my feet and made me boots custom to both feet...and i ordered boots from hoffman boot out of idaho.

Latest posts

Back