Bear Grylls

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin tordoff

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
if you guys havent seen this guy yet check him out hes an ex special forces showning how to survive in the extreme and does everything he says even eats live bugs ect on camera to show that its safe bear grylls

The only problem I see is he takes chances based on his experience that the average bloke shoulnt even think about.
like he is alone "not actually" but he climbs down a cliff face to get somewhere faster.
In realworld someone needs to measure thier knowledge, evaluate a safer route, then act accordingly.

ye but i supose if you was in those situations u should be quite experienced to do the things you do he is quite realistic thou when there is something he cant doi he wont do it

Lol that guy is such a fake look a surviver man he's the real deal. Look up bear grylls is a fake on you tube lol he does not even go that far off the road to shoot his show.

prsonally, i like shows like "mountain men" and such, i also watch "Duel Survivors" as well.
it doesnt matter how fake it is really, as long as they show a propper way of doing it, IMHO.

Funny as i read this post im watching Les Stroud the survivor man. LOL!

i supose each person has there own survival fave but what you americans have to understand is we british dont have extrem conditions in the uk only when we venture of this island so it isnt going to be as extreme to what yours will be but personaly i like him each to there own gents!

well, ill tell ya what, ive seen an episode of Bear Gryllis where he cleans off a seed or something, that was in a pile of bear ****, anyone thats willing to do some crazy **** like is a "survivor" in my book!

Bear is a legend in the UK. :D
Read his book a few months ago.
Worth a look at if you get hold of a copy.

even if hes doen the show right next to the road, the things ive seen that guy do tells me hes a crazy SOB.

i think theres crazy to surviva and the over crazy you need to know were the line is and when not to cross it you'd have to ask you self in extreme circumstances could you eat bug to live or would you wuss out and starve

Well my take on it is, I think you need to know limits. Get outdoors as much as possible, do some bouldering, work with ropes and use your gear. Knots are super important, but there are only a few needed for climbing and repelling. In a bug out situation I think some climbing and rope handling are paramount. I can send you guys some stuff on knots if you like.

I for one have never been a fan of his since he really isn't alone. he is followed by a camera crew, and i am sure a medic/emt isn't far behind.
Plus he does things that he is professionally trained to do. I wouldn't dare try half of what he does.

I for one have never been a fan of his since he really isn't alone. he is followed by a camera crew, and i am sure a medic/emt isn't far behind.
Plus he does things that he is professionally trained to do. I wouldn't dare try half of what he does.
Ditto

lol, if he wasnt trained, he wouldnt have a film crew.
thats kinda the point behind the show, dont ya think?

point but if u were climbin a mountain and say disaster struk you either got lost or stranded by bad weather woyuldnt you be trained or be experienced to climb the moutnain in the first place?

Yeah that's why he sucks he does not teach you anything useful. Now surviverman that's guy is smart he teaches useful stuff like how to build a makeshift shelter and what to look for to find food and I'm not talking about Berrys out of bear **** I mean like animals

Duel survivor is really good, Both of those guys know there ****. Cody has to be one slow moving mf-er with no boots.

Duel survivor is really good, Both of those guys know there ****. Cody has to be one slow moving mf-er with no boots.
I haven't heard of this show. when is it on?

Latest posts

Back