Beet & Turmeric powder

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenv1950

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've been making my own beet powder and buying turmeric organic powder.
been using the beet powder for about a month now and started 10 days ago with the turmeric .
I put both in my morning drink combo .
I've always have had high blood pressure - 160/85-88 sometimes in the high 90s .
3 days ago I started checking my BP . Its been 129 / 73 each day .
Either something else is wrong with me or that stuff is working .

@kenv1950 what do use in your morning drink combo? 🧐
yogurt -whole apple-100% unsweetened cranberry juice-powdered protein and of course beet turmeric powder .... kinda fills the whole blender . I'm not very big , takes a few minutes to chug it down. Protein powder , I was using MASS powder but its up to $76.00 a bag , now I make pea powder ,I make it , very cheap

Last edited:
I've been making my own beet powder and buying turmeric organic powder.
been using the beet powder for about a month now and started 10 days ago with the turmeric .
I put both in my morning drink combo .
I've always have had high blood pressure - 160/85-88 sometimes in the high 90s .
3 days ago I started checking my BP . Its been 129 / 73 each day .
Either something else is wrong with me or that stuff is working .
A lady friend of mine mangers her high blood pressure with diet and supplements. She spoke of it a few times, but never mentioned this. She’s doing well but diabetes has complicated her diet, and she still uses no doctor/mainstream medications. This would interest her. Thanks for posting

A lady friend of mine mangers her high blood pressure with diet and supplements. She spoke of it a few times, but never mentioned this. She’s doing well but diabetes has complicated her diet, and she still uses no doctor/mainstream medications. This would interest her. Thanks for posting
I use 1500mg of the turmeric almost a table spoon and the same with the beet.
I've been on BP pills for years with no effect. First time with the turmeric i gaged , worst tasting stuff i ever had , took awhile to acquire a taste for it , not bad now . had the same problem with beets .

Natural meds are the way to go! Not only do they work the ones i use grow wild outside my door! With a couple of exceptions, but even those have local equivalents. Have to use caution if you're taking pharma meds though. Sometimes they don't play well with natural meds.

I use turmeric in tincture form... Ordered a pound of organic turmeric and made it myself. I grew turmeric for a couple years but i'm a little to far north for it to grow without a green house.

Term a 02a.JPG

Natural meds are the way to go! Not only do they work the ones i use grow wild outside my door! With a couple of exceptions, but even those have local equivalents. Have to use caution if you're taking pharma meds though. Sometimes they don't play well with natural meds.

I use turmeric in tincture form... Ordered a pound of organic turmeric and made it myself. I grew turmeric for a couple years but i'm a little to far north for it to grow without a green house.

View attachment 155076
I can't do tinctures , can't have alcohol with chronic pancreatis , With the turmeric I add a teaspoon of black pepper , its supposed to help with the absorption of turmeric

@kenv1950 Yep, the piperine helps with absorption. I added a little too much to one of my jars. I diluted it by mixing jars together.

This is what young turmeric looks like... a lady brought me a bunch of sprouts out of the blue. Was not prepared, didn't have a green house. They get pretty big.

Turmeric a  (2)a.jpgTurmeric a  (5)a.jpg

that is interesting , ive not thought of using turmeric in a drink or make a tincture. i make a honey pepper turmeric paste in pint jars and take about 1 tsp in the morning. neat ideas. thanks
I read that the turmeric kills some cancer cells ?
I'm only 10 days in , i'll wait another 10 days before I say 100% that its working for me .

Health effects or benefits of turmeric​

Generated using AI

If I understand Dry turmeric is very hard & you need an industrial grinder for it.

I didn't have that experience. I used a butcher knife and a cutting board. Sliced the roots thin then diced them like i would an onion. In comparison poke root is hard to chop up. Turmeric wasn't for me. The roots were a little tougher than ginger or solomon's seal but not by a lot.

View attachment 155076
I planted some turmeric roots several years ago. I think it took a month or two for them to sprout, when it really heated up. I wonder if you planted turmeric roots in pots and brought the pots in when it cooled off if you could grow it successfully.

I always have to look up the spelling of turmeric. I want to leave the first "r" out.

Back