Beginner from Taipei

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padouva

Super Friend
Neighbor
Hi , I am a beginner from Taipei ,I am happy to be the first people in this unit ,I will post some pictures a few days,to show some goods I prepared.

Looking forward to seeing your gear.
I'm an Australian living in Vietnam.
There are ongoing problems in the area (not so much Vietnam) but with countries trying to subjugate the islands in the South China Sea.
Other than that - I'm feeling secure. But I do have a lot of gear.

Hi , thanks for your reply . My major preperation is suffering earthquake or the nuclear disaster after scourge.
Taiwan is a small island and people lives concentrated . Although we have threat of force from China , but I don't think we will start a war .

So, I guess your prepping for a limited period of time until winds carry away the nuclear waste or if earthquake until services are restored.
Would you head south east (east of central mountain range) for nuclear event? Most likely a rector issue.
Would you head south west (west of central mountain range) for tsunami? As a result of earthquake east of Taiwan.
If you do have to Bug Out - your Center of Gravity is having a serviceable vehicle (Critical Vulnerabilities will behaving enough advanced warning (time and space), fuel (fuel points close or run out or have too many people trying to refuel at the same time creating choke points/traffic jams, roads (able to be traveled with limited damage and no traffic jam). Then comes all the other stuff you need to take. If your not bugging out - it will be much easier to stay at home.
I am unsure if Taiwanese people have purpose built 'nuclear fall out' shelters or public safe places?
In Vietnam - they have had wars with Cambodia, Laos, French, Japan, China, and USA/allies. I don't see this as a major threat - even with the issues over sovereignty of South China Seas islands.
However, the Mekong Delta to Saigon, an area of 63,000 square kilometers 42,000 square miles is approximately 1m or 3 feet above sea level. So tsunami or severe flooding is a major problem. I now have an SUV and 12m (40 foot) by 2m (7 foot) wooden boat. At least I can get out, if I need to. I always hold extra fuel for car/motorbikes/generator and boat.

Hi , I am a beginner from Taipei ,I am happy to be the first people in this unit ,I will post some pictures a few days,to show some goods I prepared.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Taiwan is always in danger coz "big bro" china is always looking over. I see your concerns.

btw, I used to work for a taiwanese MNC .. lol

Hi padouva, I'm in California but originally from Taiwan. Similar earthquake and population density concerns in both places! I keep a bugout bag and an emergency kit in a solid container under my dining room table because i go straight under the table during earthquakes. I keep food, first aid, and an emergency whistle in there in case I get trapped under rubble.

Latest posts

Back