Best of Luck!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very simple. Make it a "private club" with membership, and then simply refuse membership. As a private club, and a personal business, she could refuse on any basis.

I think people would be surprised that discrimination is in many cases perfectly legal. However, those doing so must face the public's judgement as to whether or not to patronize the place for its policies (as it should be, in a free economy).

I don't advocate her position, but I do advocate the right of people to decide for themselves, within a private business, who they will and will not do business with, and live with the consequences of those decisions.

Title II
Outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations engaged in interstate commerce; exempted private clubs without defining the term "private".[40]

I believe that any owner of a shop/store should be able to refuse service to someone they feel uncomfortable around. Death threats?? What happened to her rights as an owner of a business? I get tired of all this 'political correctness' crap. It's time to stand up for what you believe in. I wish her luck

Latest posts

Back