Blues Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to most of the places portrayed in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? The "road to Itta Bena" (Highway 7) is about 5 miles from our land in the Delta.

Here is Robert Johnson singing about the place where he sold his soul to the devil in order to be a great guitarist.

I've been to most of the places portrayed in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? The "road to Itta Bena" (Highway 7) is about 5 miles from our land in the Delta.

Here is Robert Johnson singing about the place where he sold his soul to the devil in order to be a great guitarist.

My oh my how things changed in 30 years; Robert Johnson to Cream. Both clasics in their own right.

My oh my how things changed in 30 years; Robert Johnson to Cream. Both clasics in their own right.
I think Clapton actually went to Rosedale. He spent a lot of time in the Delta going to blues concerts and studying the origins of the blues. Going down to Rosedale (to get on the train) was a metaphor for escaping from poverty.

There is some really great music in this thread! :great:

Back