Bug In Scenario

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay1

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Ok, you're bugged in with the cook & kids, ample food, water etc.
But
Just as you are about to slam shut the door to your shelter, you have time to grab 5 books and 5 music CD's. (Assume you have all the prepper info you would need with you already).

What would you take with you??

How long is the bug in ? Cause i might need Five marriage counseling books.

Books -- Swiss army knife owners manual, The Bible, The complete guide to climbing and mountaineering, Dictionary, And a big ass work book for the kids i.e Science, English, math, work sheets.

Cd's - don't have any. Have to go with some punk rock, rock. 80's 90's, no country i will be depressed already. lol

as for books go.id go with informative books on acount i have books for just every day reading on my nook.hopefully i got electric in there.lol.as for cd's go.i have all my cd's in a cd holder.so i dont have to choose there..

Watership Down for sure will be one of the books. As for music... something by Corb Lund, C.W. McCall, Charlie Daniels Band, Old Crow Medicine Show and whatever else I can get my mitts on.

The big one would be the Bible and then The Little House series (ok so I am a sucker, but there is a lot of romance to the prairie ways). As for music, Reba, Patsy, Judds, Hank, and Grath.

Gotta go with the Bible and my series of the Foxfire books. Music would definately be Carrie Hassler/Hard Rain, David Allen Coe, SELA, Eagles and...I'm guessing a Christmas CD would round out my list!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Okay, only five? (crying) um okay the Bible of course, The Mouse that Roared, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Last Don and one of my Tom Clancys. Music, whats ever is on my iPod and the five cds, One of my Metallicas, My collection box set of Frank Sinatra (counts as ONE because its in one package), and three of my Ozzie cds. But I am putting a gypsy hex on the looters who steal the rest!

the older country n western and rouck n roll..and if i fgure right..you do to... :D mainly the country

howdy remi..hows orlando?..i been to winter park a few times.and love it there.real peacefull easy going n all last time i was there.

the older country n western and rouck n roll..and if i fgure right..you do to... :D mainly the country
I sure do Jim. Do you have a tape deck in your van? If so, I have a converter for my mp3 players and they're loaded. And just to warn you now... I sing with the song.

lmao.. :eek: oh lord ..there's a cd player in it..well if your singing voice aint to bad,i guess i can deal with it..lol.and if not,well i better make sure i have duct tape..lmao

i'll just turn the vollume up on the radio..lol..i have county n western cd's some of them r love songs,others are what ever.santana cd'sgot a patsy cline cd a mowtown cd

I tend to listen to Pandora when I'm online. I'll bring the cd that the song I posted is on.

DSCF2061.JPG
Here's our books and cd's,lol.There is actually 4 ipods but my wife has hers at work with her.

Mine is loaded with a bunch of e-books from gardening guides to survival guides.When there is no doctor,Natural Cures,Several first aid guides including the advanced American Red Cross first aid guide as well as many tool apps like a flashlight,gps compass,police and ems scanners,noaa weather radio,emergency broadcast system ect.My ipod is a prepping tool for me and my family.Music wise,gotta bunch of 80's hairband music loaded too along with a few games to kill time.

My wife is a serious mystery/murder/romance novel reader and has a ton of books on hers along with her country music,some games and a few useful apps.

My 13 yr old's...well,he's a gamer,so y'all can guess whats on his.

My 3 yr old is autistic,so he has a TON of learning activities/puzzles on his and plenty of games to keep him busy (and don't think he doesn't know how to work an ipod,lol,hell,he's taught me a couple things).

Since we live at our BOL,it's hard to be really fair and stick to a 5 book limit as we have a decent sized library of reading material in the house and a good bit of it is prep/survival related.But if we had to bug out,the ipods and chargers is what would be going with us.

The solar charger (left in the pic),I have 6 of these now.They will charge two AA batteries each and has a usb port to charge any small devise such as ipods.

My kids ipods also have Military Griffen Survivor cases.Water resistant,drop/shatter proof,wind,sand,dirt and mud proof.Why?Because they are kids!Haha

Sharkbait. . . maybe your son can teach me a thing or two about IPODS. I have no clue! My son had to teach me how to plug in the VCR.

Yeah,will he clean his pigpen or brush his teeth without being told or do his homework?No....but he is usually the one that sets up most of our "new age" gadgets,haha,just a year ago I didn't even know what an app was.Heck,we still had a flip phone and I was an HVAC/electrician for 25 years.Gawd i'm getting old!2 years ago,i thought an ipod was just an over rated and over priced mp3 player,lol.Had no idea of their capabilities.

But sure,any questions,if I haven't figured it out yet,i'm sure he can tell us.;)

Or were you refering to my 3yr old?Haha,i'm sure he could help as well.

A lot of autistic kids are sharp as a whip when it comes to electronics. And there is nothing wrong with a flip phone. . .I still have one. . :)

Absolutely,he was recommended one by his Dr's as a learning aid and therapy.Many think that autism makes em slower,but it's actually the opposite,his brain races and is over stimulated.

He was not taught on the ipod,he sat down and figured it out on his own.The learning apps and activities to help him learn an give his brain something to do has been a God send,and i'm not one for electronic baby sitters,but I don't know how we'd get by without it.

That's just my feelings on the ipod,now think of all the other stuff he gets into though out the course of a day.It keeps us on our toes,lol.He's 3 1/2 and reads at a 3rd grade level,electronics is about a 5th grade level,yet still having a hard time with potty training,it is a very misunderstood disorder,many times with no rhyme or reason.

I have never had to deal with an autistic child, but I have done research and took some college classes. The only time I do interact is in my job . . . but that is not very often. I agree that their brains are running 90 to nothing.

Jump on his doctor's recommendation. . . as a learning aid and therapy. Most do not get this opportunity.

Latest posts

Back