chunky tomato gazpacho

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
here's one i got from a Pillsbury recipe book my mom has,in which she wants me to fix..n can for her..

chunky tomato gazpacho

ingredients
10 1/4-oz can condensed tomato soup
1C or 2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
7 1/2-oz can tomatoes,undrained
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
4 slices bacon,crisply cooked,and crumbled

directions
in medium sauce pan,combine all ingredients.
heat thoroughly,serve hot.or refrigerate several hours before serving.
6 (1/2 cup) servings.

tip
two large and fresh tomatoes,peeled and diced,can be substituted for canned tomatoes

You may want to leave out the milk and just add in when your cooking it up. Other than that, it shouldn't be a problem. The milk will shorten its shelf life.

I have read that canned milk can last up to 18 months, but that was by itself. I have canned but used within 6 months. It does separate but just shake up and it was fine.

here's one i got from a Pillsbury recipe book my mom has,in which she wants me to fix..n can for her..

chunky tomato gazpacho

ingredients
1C or 2/3 cup milk

directions
6 (1/2 cup) servings.

tip
two large and fresh tomatoes,peeled and diced,can be substituted for canned tomatoes
I learned about the milk too. It dosent just seperate, but changes the flavor some too. The potatoe soup I canned wasn't nearly as good as the fresh version. Still good, but not the same.

i wonder what difference/change it'll make,if i left the milk out completely..
I would leave it out for canning, and just add it in while re heating.

It wont matter on leaving it out on canning. . . not sure what size jars you are looking at to can up into but if using pint size, you are looking at adding about 4 T milk when adding up for dinner

chunky tomato gazpacho

ingredients
1C or 2/3 cup milk

directions
6 (1/2 cup) servings.

tip
Toss in some habanero and jalapeno peppers, add some shrimp or crawfish and you'd have a full meal.

Toss in some habanero and jalapeno peppers, add some shrimp or crawfish and you'd have a full meal.
You are not allowed within a 100 yards of my kicthen, will have to get a restraining order for sensory assault on you. [emoji36] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji24]

Latest posts

Back