Compound bow advice sought

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Can anyone recommend a budget Compound bow that meets the following criteria,

Under $300 /£250

No longer than 32 inches axle to axle

30 to 35 pound draw weight

28 inch draw + or – a couple of inches

Ideally able to change or replace bow string or bow string assembly simply without high tech and expensive bow presses**

** quite important for preppers after TSHTF when unable to access bowyers stores.

Some of the Bear bows should be close . The company that has grown from Fred Bears company . I'm out of the loop on their new models as I havn't shoped for a new bow in a while .

I got my bow from Walmart for 150. I wish I could tell you how I like it but I had a shoulder injury right after I bought it, so it's still in the case. I'm finally better and will shoot it soon. It's a Barnett vortex, 19 to 45 lbs, and is 33" with the cams. I have no idea how difficult it would be to change the strings, but will order a spare and hope it comes with directions. I'm sure there are better quality bows out there, but for the money I'm very happy with it.

There should be 2 hooks 1 next to each cam you can atach a short pice of cable to while drawn then change the string with out a bow press .

Than
There should be 2 hooks 1 next to each cam you can atach a short pice of cable to while drawn then change the string with out a bow press .
thanks for the info, I'll look at mine tonight.

Latest posts

Back