Contest

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in contests on this site?

• Total voters

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Neighbor
Good day to everyone.
I would like to know who is interested in a contest on this forum that will allow you to win things. Some items could be gift certificates, movie tickets, etc. Not those silicone bracelets (i.e., yellow "livestrong").

Please let me know.

Thank you again for your continued support of Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

What the ****?! I can't believe anyone wouldn't want to be part of a contest. Even if it's not for "Stuff". We could do a coolest DDP gun contest, a Best Bug Out Bag contest, etc. I think competition is good for the soul, and it'd keep us working, for sure.

What the ****?! I can't believe anyone wouldn't want to be part of a contest. Even if it's not for "Stuff". We could do a coolest DDP gun contest, a Best Bug Out Bag contest, etc. I think competition is good for the soul, and it'd keep us working, for sure.
Great suggestions Alabaster! I so do appreciate them!!!

I voted no for the contest.HA HA Then I read who in their right mind would not want to be part of a contest and I cracked up.

I voted no for the contest.HA HA Then I read who in their right mind would not want to be part of a contest and I cracked up.
I too got a kick out of Alabaster's post!

I will be a part of the contest if you want numbers to join. I won't be a stick in the mud and not happily be part of a contest. I fed my kitties and gave one his medicine and re thought that was selfish of me to say no.

I will be a part of the contest if you want numbers to join. I won't be a stick in the mud and not happily be part of a contest. I fed my kitties and gave one his medicine and re thought that was selfish of me to say no.
I never viewed your answer as selfish. Any contest I run would be purely voluntary. I will not pressure anyone into anything they do not want to do. :)

well imma noob to this site, but a contest about bug-out bags would be cool but if you think about that a minute, hell i could 'tell' you some 'almost' perfect bug bags, but can i prove it lmfao, and do to the nature of the website you should have prep idems as prizes, just my thoughts

well imma noob to this site, but a contest about bug-out bags would be cool but if you think about that a minute, hell i could 'tell' you some 'almost' perfect bug bags, but can i prove it lmfao, and do to the nature of the website you should have prep idems as prizes, just my thoughts
Thanks for the suggestion for give aways and/or prizes!
I will run different contests as the site grows.

Sorry, goodselfme. I didn't mean to offend. I just figured it would be fun so I didn't think someone might actually not be interested. I really like the idea because I think it'd give more initiative than just wanting to be ready. I think it'd also give people a good idea of things they may be missing.

Sorry, goodselfme. I didn't mean to offend. I just figured it would be fun so I didn't think someone might actually not be interested. I really like the idea because I think it'd give more initiative than just wanting to be ready. I think it'd also give people a good idea of things they may be missing.

I do hope that by running contests people will get more involved and be able to improve their situation.

You did not offend me. Everyone is entitled to say what they think. That is what you did.You did not hurt me or my feelings in fact I found it amusing when I read your comment. You even made me re think my duties as a contributor to society and also maybe win a prize too.

It goes through tonight [April 24, 2012] at 11:59 p.m.
Wow, thank you for replying to my question. You sure are right on spot with all the remarks. That is one of the things that impressed me about your forum. You moderate, actively take part in the discussions, give information and reply to all posts. You have a great run forum. Truly you are an excellent webmaster! Thank you.

Wow, thank you for replying to my question. You sure are right on spot with all the remarks. That is one of the things that impressed me about your forum. You moderate, actively take part in the discussions, give information and reply to all posts. You have a great run forum. Truly you are an excellent webmaster! Thank you.
Thank you for all of your contributions! The forums would be nothing more than me chatting with myself if not for you and the other members!
I do appreciate the compliments. I do try to get involved in every post made, but sometimes, i miss some. I apologize if there are delays in my responses.

Ok preppers.... glad to see active involvement among members... makes one feel good to know this... anyway be safe and keep your head down, but if you have to look.... have your buddy look first...(so if they're shooting at you he's going to catch the rounds meant for you....just kidding )

Ok preppers.... glad to see active involvement among members... makes one feel good to know this... anyway be safe and keep your head down, but if you have to look.... have your buddy look first...(so if they're shooting at you he's going to catch the rounds meant for you....just kidding )
Good one!! There is no shame in ducking!

i have an idea for a contest. to enter the contest you must post your profession and/or an item/service that you would be able to donate to the prize pool. for example, an arc welder would enter as "jim-arc welder-10 man hours of welding service"...or, "steve-machinery leasing-6 hours of free rental with a bobcat/backhoe/etc"....or "jake-gas station attendant-6 solar panels totaling 220 watts"...only the people entering the contest can cast a vote. at the end of the entry phase, each person who posted a service/item gets to vote for who they think has the best item/service during the voting phase. BE CAREFUL OFFERING YOUR ITEM/SERVICE; you may want to post some big shiny toy or service to attract votes, but if you lose, you will be called on to actually provide it to the winner. and just offering the best, most outrageous item won't help. people are smart; or eViL. if you watch "Survivor", which i do not, you will see that people will band together to vote a certain way in order to split the rewards. who is to say that people wont private message one another and work out a strategic way to vote and end up with a ridiculous doomsday shelter??? there is no way to regulate it. so you truly have to be smart with your service/item. any ideas? i know what i am going to shake the dice with...anyone else interested?

i have an idea for a contest. to enter the contest you must post your profession and/or an item/service that you would be able to donate to the prize pool. for example, an arc welder would enter as "jim-arc welder-10 man hours of welding service"...or, "steve-machinery leasing-6 hours of free rental with a bobcat/backhoe/etc"....or "jake-gas station attendant-6 solar panels totaling 220 watts"...only the people entering the contest can cast a vote. at the end of the entry phase, each person who posted a service/item gets to vote for who they think has the best item/service during the voting phase. BE CAREFUL OFFERING YOUR ITEM/SERVICE; you may want to post some big shiny toy or service to attract votes, but if you lose, you will be called on to actually provide it to the winner. and just offering the best, most outrageous item won't help. people are smart; or eViL. if you watch "Survivor", which i do not, you will see that people will band together to vote a certain way in order to split the rewards. who is to say that people wont private message one another and work out a strategic way to vote and end up with a ridiculous doomsday shelter??? there is no way to regulate it. so you truly have to be smart with your service/item. any ideas? i know what i am going to shake the dice with...anyone else interested?
Thank you for this suggestion! I like it! I agree that people could be sneaky about things. especially if they live near one another.

Latest posts

Back