Desiel Pick-up trucks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Neighbor
Now i know theres not too many varietys of desiel pickups, but Ram make'em decient i guess, although im not to thrilled with Cummings motors.

The reason i bring this/these up, is because i was working on my grandfathers tractor trailor big rig, and it accured to me that most truckers keep around 80+ gallons of fuel in each tank, and most of the time carry 2 tanks per truck. now in a post-shtf thats one hell'ova score. in a gas auto, youll get anywhere from 2 to 15 gallons per car, thats nothing compared to 160 gallons of fuel in one hit.
Oh and not to mention desiel ran genorators, or ive even seen heavy duty arc wielders that run from desiel fuel.

Damn it lmao, hey Clyde, you think you could fix the title for me?

Now i know theres not too many varietys of desiel pickups, but Ram make'em decent i guess, although im not to thrilled with Cummings motors.

The reason i bring this/these up, is because i was working on my grandfathers tractor trailor big rig, and it occurred to me that most truckers keep around 80+ gallons of fuel in each tank, and most of the time carry 2 tanks per truck. now in a post-shtf thats one hell'ova score. in a gas auto, youll get anywhere from 2 to 15 gallons per car, that's nothing compared to 160 gallons of fuel in one hit.
Oh and not to mention diesel ran generators, or ive even seen heavy duty arc wielders that run from diesel fuel.
I may have to buy a diesel truck. A diesel engine generally tows heavier loads.

I wish a company would use a Cat engine, or a Detroit even. but with Detroit, keep your extra oil handy lmao.

I wish a company would use a Cat engine, or a Detroit even. but with Detroit, keep your extra oil handy lmao.
I know Dodge runs Cummins in some of their truck lines.

Diesel is great and the motors last forever. They can also run on alternative fuels like strained restaurant grease if necessary. I will be going diesel with my next vehicle too.

Diesel is great and the motors last forever. They can also run on alternative fuels like strained restaurant grease if necessary. I will be going diesel with my next vehicle too.
i wouldnt say forever. depends on the engine really.
most small diesil trucks (Rams) use Cummings which is a decent engine but i prefer Cat in a big truck. Detroit is good too but it usually leaks alot of oil lol.

This is true but if properly taken care of you can get a million miles out of some of them. I like the Dodge myself.

Latest posts

Back