Do I keep posting the science trivia?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does the science trivia interest anyone?

• Total voters

buildit

Hay Seed Scientist
Neighbor
So I've been copying the science trivia question I make for a group I host on Face Book here and am curious if I should continue or if it's not worth the effort? So I'll post a poll to see what the masses say.......

If you are on face book and know someone who loves science here's a link to the science trivia group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710207932537280/
QM theology.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@buildit , question for you. If read the info correctly about the Milky Way, I should look to take photos of it in the summertime, correct?

@buildit , question for you. If read the info correctly about the Milky Way, I should look to take photos of it in the summertime, correct?
Yes, but.........
Photographing the stars let alone the Milky Way is tricky for several reasons. 1. You need to increase the exposure time to let more light into the aperture. 2. The earth is moving and unless you have a tripod that is timed to move also your picture will blur. 3. You need a very dark sky as any light pollution will degrade the image.

There is a guy on the Futurism Group in New Zealand who takes some amazing photos but he got some $$$ equipment.
25158087_1574415149304968_6641220584563131318_n.jpg

Link to his FB page... Paul Wilson Images NZ

Yes, but.........
Photographing the stars let alone the Milky Way is tricky for several reasons. 1. You need to increase the exposure time to let more light into the aperture. 2. The earth is moving and unless you have a tripod that is timed to move also your picture will blur. 3. You need a very dark sky as any light pollution will degrade the image.

There is a guy on the Futurism Group in New Zealand who takes some amazing photos but he got some $$$ equipment.
Link to his FB page... Paul Wilson Images NZ

Thanks for that. I'm on board with the exposure issues and such. There's even a formula for exposure time to reduce blur caused by moving stars due to the orbit of the earth. I think I've seen it referred to as the "rule of 500," and it's dependent on the focal length of the lens being used. Using that formula, you can figure out the length of your exposure without showing star movement. I've got the photo side down - I was just interested to see that time of year could impact visibility in this hemisphere. Heck, I learned something new today. :wink:

Thanks for that. I'm on board with the exposure issues and such. There's even a formula for exposure time to reduce blur caused by moving stars due to the orbit of the earth. I think I've seen it referred to as the "rule of 500," and it's dependent on the focal length of the lens being used. Using that formula, you can figure out the length of your exposure without showing star movement. I've got the photo side down - I was just interested to see that time of year could impact visibility in this hemisphere. Heck, I learned something new today. :wink:
No problem I'm full of useless information. LOL

I think this stuff is very interesting. I won't remember any of it, but it tickles for the few hours it's in there.

Latest posts

Back