family get togethers..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
we're planing a family get together.in which we have a fire pit,that we're gonna use for hot-dogs marshmallows and smores...only issue there,is coming up with some thing for the smores.seeing how only item i ever come across for them.is at wal-mart.and their to short.and a persons hand get hot rather quickly from the fire.so that means doing one of two things.build a smaller fire.or come up with something longer for for fixing smores over the fire...any ideas?

The only thing you do over the fire is the marshmallows. The rest of it, the chocolate and graham crackers, should be room temp. The hot marshmallow heats the chocolate some.

Just get some long skewers for the marshmallows.

the long skewers we got..got some a while back for hotdogs and marshmallows.mom did suggest that for the smores.it's just i not only wanna get some for the get together.but for future use as well.i've already started collection pecan branch for this..

I got some long forks that screw together in the middle and have a wooden handle. They're about 4' long when connected and made of stainless steel. They look kinda like a short frog gig. I use them over the fire for everything from shrimp, chicken/steak strips to salmon, ptarmigan, grouse and back strap. They're easy to pack and have saved my hands from getting too hot. Can't remember where I got them though.

Latest posts

Back