FELONS CAN VOTE IN OREGON IF NOT IN JAIL OR PRISON

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forager

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE https://www.usvotefoundation.org/vote/VoterInformation.htm In most states ex felons who have served all their sentence including probation have an opportunity to re-register.
In Oregon, they must only serve their jail/ prison time and can then register- even on parole/ probation. This can make a difference in the out come of elections.
Measures that claim to have the 'majority' of residents approval are usually decided by only those that fit the criteria. Many elections are swayed because registrants have changed their address and are required to file the new one before they vote. This excludes a huge percentage who for whatever reason couldn't file their new address.

Percentage wise, is it really going to be a factor? Likely not. Plus, I doubt a lot of ex-felons are really flooding the polls.

Percentage wise, is it really going to be a factor? Likely not. Plus, I doubt a lot of ex-felons are really flooding the polls.
Big thanks for the reply. To be honest, I"m not sure it would be a factor-on the other hand, I can see a possibility. If it were brought to the forefront that certain recent votes were swayed by the rallying candidates; If this blatant dishonesty by them were brought under investigation in the public eye then tried in a court of law, (even the bought and paid for media) A re-vote could be imminent. As for ex-felons, I can vouch for them by 1st hand experience. Some would be happy to vote if they k-could.
Many however are fed up to here with any involvement whatsoever. My take is that it's like reaching into a jar of vipers! But what the heck- I'm a risky guy.

If you've paid you've debit to society then I have no problem with you becoming a functional American again. It used to be that when you served your time and paid your debits all your constitutional rights were restored. Not so much anymore. Now your a felon pretty much forever. There's no change in a man per the government. If you think about it half of the old western heroes wouldn't have become the great men of history if we ran things back then like we do now. Wyatt Earp was wanted in several states had escaped jail 3 times and was a known pimp and horse thief. Almost no one knows that about him. Heck his wife was a known prostitute who died of an opium overdose. He was also arrested in LA in 1911 at age 63 for running an Illegal gambling ring. They just know about the Marshal Wyatt Earp and that's mainly due to his buddies in Hollywierd..

This thread has dual postings . When I looked at the other and didn't see my post I thought Man I p..... someone off What did I post .

Latest posts

Back