Fenix HT30R LEP Flashlight

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_In_29

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I recently bought a Fenix HT30R LEP flashlight. $223.96 (after coupon) delivered from Longhorn Tactical.

It is a rechargeable light that takes a 5000mah 21700 battery. Comes with the battery, a USB C charge cord, wrist lanyard, a set of spare o-rings and a holster. Charge port is accessed by rotating the light's bezel to uncover it and is o-ring protected when closed. The light is activated via two buttons on the tail cap. Big one turns it on/off while the smaller switches modes between high, low, strobe and SOS.

This thing really throws a beam. On high it lights up reflective road signs (brightly enough to be seen with naked eye) that are about a mile away from my porch.

The beam is VERY concentrated though so not good for illuminating an area. I mostly got it to light up people who don't belong out here and let them know they are being watched, as there have been a few recent cases of UTVs driving around after dark.

hGQVd7L.jpg

Here's a video on it

I tested my new light by shining it at my neighbor as he stood on his porch. Which is over 500yds away. He took the pictures on his end. These are the two lights, my older LED long throw and the new LEP

e5Ajm2u.jpg

The LED, which he said just looked like someone was using a light on my property

AJDiZP4.jpg

and the LEP, which he said let him know the light was aimed at him. He said that even with his yard light on he could see the flashlight lighting things up around him. Note the illumination in his yard to the right of the trailer and on the roof of his parents vehicle.

STGVtmb.jpg

I really like the light as it will illuminate things so far away that I have to use binos to see them but it isn't good as a general purpose light, as there is no up close spill. Even aiming the light at the ground to walk requires shifting the TIGHT beam back and forth. Inside a building it does light up a room as the light will splash off the wall or ceiling it is pointed at.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back