Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The excuse here is the weather hasn't been good for the crops or harvest.

I'm not looking forward to how this is all going to play out as supply chain issues and food shortages get worse.
None of us are. But we are the ones who thought ahead.

The lettuce we got in today, went out today. . . all had to go into the trash. Total loss for our store. :(

Wow meanwhile I have such a glut of lettuce and kale I am feeding it to the chickens :)

The whole west is dry, always has been. There's only so much water to go around.

There's plenty of water -- the government is the problem.

I lived in California in the 70s and 80s. It was in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

I went back in 2010 for 2 years. Population more than doubled. Housing doubled. Still in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

The water is underground and there's plenty of it. The surface appearance makes it easier for the propaganda to take hold.

Biden Fumes at Shipping Moguls Raising Prices: Makes You Want to 'Pop Them'

Biden Fumes at Shipping Moguls Raising Prices: Makes You Want to 'Pop Them' (msn.com)

"I have to admit to you, a lot of us elected officials have been in office for a while. Every once in a while, something you learn makes you viscerally angry. Like if you had the person in front of you, you'd want to pop them," Biden said from the Port of Los Angeles, America's busiest, on Friday afternoon. "No, I really mean it."

Yes, I get wanting to "pop" someone....

Shipping prices are going up because oil is going up. This admin just keeps pouring gas on the fire. If he forces lower prices, they will just stop shipping. Nobody can operate a business losing money.

I lived in California in the 70s and 80s. It was in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

I went back in 2010 for 2 years. Population more than doubled. Housing doubled. Still in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

The water is underground and there's plenty of it. The surface appearance makes it easier for the propaganda to take hold.

I'd like to see the government and governments around the world stop squandering our tax dollars on their many useless projects (that end up going under) and pour that research, effort and $$$ into tapping into Primary Water, for California...........for everybody! I read about Primary Water years ago on Deborah Tavares website Stopthecrime.net (had never heard of PW before) and have wondered ever since why they don't go after this resource? Guess it's because the people in control of funding such things get kickbacks from the existing global water supply infrastructure.............enough said.

I watch a lot of farming videos on youtube,weird I know,and they're having a very hard time with crops this year due to all of the rain.
They also touched on diesel fuel and fertilizer prices. These guys mainly grow corn for the ethanal but the same things apply whether it's a food crop or ethanal.
They have reached a point of just trying to salvage the season in hopes of breaking even.
They like all big time outfits have crop insurance so it wont hit them in the pocket so much.

actually the one time I tried elk, it was on the order of the best tasting beef I had ever had (except Wagyu from Japan). Maybe it was the way he prepped it but no gamey taste and very tender

actually the one time I tried elk, it was on the order of the best tasting beef I had ever had (except Wagyu from Japan). Maybe it was the way he prepped it but no gamey taste and very tender

It really depends on their diet.
Axis deer taste a lot like beef because they only eat grass,there's no gamey taste at all.
Unlike a whitetail you can steak out the whole animal rather than making sausage out of the less desirable cuts.
I got to the point where I stopped shooting whitetail altogether.
Even the males taste good.

1654965071240.png

The majority of California is desert, always had been and always will be. Yes, there is large aquifers there, for now. But the water is being pumped out far faster than it can be replenished. In many areas people have had to drill their wells deeper because the aquifers are dropping and their wells have gone dry.
The Sierra mountains get a lot of snow, most years, which provide most of the water for the rivers and aquifers. Some years they don't get enough snow runoff to fill the lakes, streams and rivers. And yet the farmers still demand "their" share. The Indian tribes still demand "their" share for the salmon runs, and of course the big cities still demand their share.
Generally I agree that government is the problem, but I also know farmers and ranchers very well. They would drain the state dry, if they were allowed to, and then move on. They've done it in many areas around the west.
Bottom line is there are too many people chasing limited resources.

The majority of California is desert, always had been and always will be. Yes, there is large aquifers there, for now. But the water is being pumped out far faster than it can be replenished. In many areas people have had to drill their wells deeper because the aquifers are dropping and their wells have gone dry.
The Sierra mountains get a lot of snow, most years, which provide most of the water for the rivers and aquifers. Some years they don't get enough snow runoff to fill the lakes, streams and rivers. And yet the farmers still demand "their" share. The Indian tribes still demand "their" share for the salmon runs, and of course the big cities still demand their share.
Generally I agree that government is the problem, but I also know farmers and ranchers very well. They would drain the state dry, if they were allowed to, and then move on. They've done it in many areas around the west.
Bottom line is there are too many people chasing limited resources.

The history behind LA is pretty interesting.
But when you get down to it all it shows is it's a bad idea to make large cities in the dessert.
As it is California has to take water from other states just to survive.

“Here is the Updated List of US-Based Food Manufacturing Plants Destroyed Under Biden Administration

1654978086747.png

Joe Biden’s ‘Build Back Better’ is not working as planned, or is it?

Gas prices are at record highs, stock markets are down, parents are having difficulty finding a baby formula, and the cost of everything is way up.

Below is the list of America’s 95 plants that have been destroyed, damaged or impacted by “accidental fires” or disease or general causes.

1. 4/30/21 A fire ignited inside the Smithfield Foods pork processing plant in Monmouth, IL
  2. 7/25/21 Three-alarm fire at Kellogg plant in Memphis, 170 emergency personnel responded to the call
  3. 7/30/21 Firefighters on Friday battled a large fire at Tyson’s River Valley Ingredients plant in Hanceville, Alabama
  4. 8/23/21 Fire crews were called to the Patak Meat Production company on Ewing Road in Austell
  5. 9/13/21 A fire at the JBS beef plant in Grand Island, Neb., on Sunday night forced a halt to slaughter and fabrication lines
  6. 10/13/21 A five-alarm fire ripped through the Darigold butter production plant in Caldwell, ID
  7. 11/15/21 A woman is in custody following a fire at the Garrard County Food Pantry
  8. 11/29/21 A fire broke out around 5:30 p.m. at the Maid-Rite Steak Company meat processing plant
  9. 12/13/21 West Side food processing plant in San Antonio left with smoke damage after a fire
  10. 1/7/22 Damage to a poultry processing plant on Hamilton’s Mountain following an overnight fire
  11. 1/11/22 A fire that destroyed 75,000-square-foot processing plant in Fayetteville
  12. 1/13/22 Firefighters worked for 12 hours to put a fire out at the Cargill-Nutrena plant in Lecompte, LA
  13. 1/31/22 a fertilizer plant with 600 tons of ammonium nitrate inside caught on fire on Cherry Street in Winston-Salem
  14. 2/3/22 A massive fire swept through Wisconsin River Meats in Mauston
  15. 2/3/22 At least 130 cows were killed in a fire at Percy Farm in Stowe
  16. 2/15/22 Bonanza Meat Company goes up in flames in El Paso, Texas
  17. 2/15/22 Nearly a week after the fire destroyed most of the Shearer’s Foods plant in Hermiston
  18. 2/16/22 A fire had broken at US largest soybean processing and biodiesel plant in Claypool, Indiana
  19. 2/18/22 An early morning fire tore through the milk parlor at Bess View Farm
  20. 2/19/22 Three people were injured, and one was hospitalized, after an ammonia leak at Lincoln Premium Poultry in Fremont
  21. 2/22/22 The Shearer’s Foods plant in Hermiston caught fire after a propane boiler exploded
  22. 2/28/22 A smoldering pile of sulfur quickly became a raging chemical fire at Nutrien Ag Solutions
  23. 2/28/22 A man was hurt after a fire broke out at the Shadow Brook Farm and Dutch Girl Creamery
  24. 3/4/22 294,800 chickens destroyed at farm in Stoddard, Missouri
  25. 3/4/22 644,000 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, Maryland
  26. 3/8/22 243,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in New Castle, Delaware
  27. 3/10/22 663,400 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, MD
  28. 3/10/22 915,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Taylor, IA
  29. 3/14/22 The blaze at 244 Meadow Drive was discovered shortly after 5 p.m. by farm owner Wayne Hoover
  30. 3/14/22 2,750,700 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Jefferson, Wisconsin
  31. 3/16/22 A fire at a Walmart warehouse distribution center has cast a large plume of smoke visible throughout Indianapolis.
  32. 3/16/22 Nestle Food Plant extensively damaged in fire and new production destroyed Jonesboro, Arkansas
  33. 3/17/22 5,347,500 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Buena Vista, Iowa
  34. 3/17/22 147,600 chickens destroyed at farm in Kent, Delaware
  35. 3/18/22 315,400 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, Maryland
  36. 3/22/22 172,000 Turkeys destroyed on farms in South Dakota
  37. 3/22/22 570,000 chickens destroyed at farm in Butler, Nebraska
  38. 3/24/22 Fire fighters from numerous towns are battling a major fire at the McCrum potato processing facility in Belfast.
  39. 3/24/22 418,500 chickens destroyed at farm in Butler, Nebraska
  40. 3/25/22 250,300 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Franklin, Iowa
  41. 3/26/22 311,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
  42. 3/27/22 126,300 Turkeys destroyed in South Dakota
  43. 3/28/22 1,460,000 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Guthrie, Iowa
  44. 3/29/22 A massive fire burned 40,000 pounds of food meant to feed people in a food desert near Maricopa
  45. 3/31/22 A structure fire caused significant damage to a large portion of key fresh onion packing facilities in south Texas
  46. 3/31/22 76,400 Turkeys destroyed in Osceola, Iowa
  47. 3/31/22 5,011,700 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Osceola, Iowa
  48. 4/6/22 281,600 chickens destroyed at farm in Wayne, North Carolina
  49. 4/9/22 76,400 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
  50. 4/9/22 208,900 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
  51. 4/12/22 89,700 chickens destroyed at farm in Wayne, North Carolina
  52. 4/12/22 1,746,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Dixon, Nebraska
  53. 4/12/22 259,000 chickens destroyed at farm in Minnesota
  54. 4/13/22 Fire destroys East Conway Beef & Pork Meat Market in Conway, New Hampshire
  55. 4/13/22 Plane crashes into Gem State Processing, Idaho potato and food processing plant
  56. 4/13/22 77,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
  57. 4/14/22 Taylor Farms Food Processing plant burns down Salinas, California.
  58. 4/14/22 99,600 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
  59. 4/15/22 1,380,500 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Lancaster, Minnesota
  60. 4/19/22 Azure Standard nation’s premier independent distributor of organic and healthy food, was destroyed by fire in Dufur, Oregon…
THE LIST WAS TOO LONG TO POST.

That's what I've heard, but as TexPrep says a lot depends on their diet. I know that corn fed deer is nothing like acorn fed deer.

The history behind LA is pretty interesting.
But when you get down to it all it shows is it's a bad idea to make large cities in the dessert.
As it is California has to take water from other states just to survive.
Yeah, it was pretty criminal how California got its water, especially Southern California. Personally I wouldn't care if that part of the state fell in the ocean.
Every now and then some California idiot proposes to take water from the Columbia River and pipe it to Southern California. They use that same idiotic logic that it just flows in to the ocean anyway. Not everything is a resource to be used up completely. There's already several salmon species that are extinct in Idaho now because they can't make up past all of the dams on the Columbia and Snake rivers. The sturgeon are about gone now too.

The majority of California is desert, always had been and always will be.

True. Once again, government to the rescue. They buy water from anywhere/everywhere. In NorCal we were not allowed to water grass, wash cars, etc. Meanwhile, they were playing in open fire hydrants in SoCal. Turned out, they were selling our water to them and restricting us.

Northern CA has plenty of water of its own. Southern CA is a desert and should never have been built-up like it has. Same with Las Vegas.

True. Once again, government to the rescue. They buy water from anywhere/everywhere. In NorCal we were not allowed to water grass, wash cars, etc. Meanwhile, they were playing in open fire hydrants in SoCal. Turned out, they were selling our water to them and restricting us.

Northern CA has plenty of water of its own. Southern CA is a desert and should never have been built-up like it has. Same with Las Vegas.
SoCal is a desert. If CA was actually serious- instead of an open ditch called the aquaduct, they would have a system covered with solar panels to protect it from open attack.
NorCal could survive on its own.
Central Cal, thinking Coastal,- is under Attack from Corporate wineries. They come in and dig deep wells. Drains the aquafir.
A place we looked at redug their well. 400ft further down and sulfur water. The woman couldn’t go as far down as the wineries and put up with it.
I am lucky where I am. Still spring fed ponds up hill from me. Most of the land in a Park district or a watershed for a major city. I actually hope the watershed deconstructs a pond 3/4 mile away. I would have a beautiful waterfall in my back 10a. But they lease it to ranchers, so that won’t happen soon.
The rancher that subdivided his property in the 70’s wrote a book. He beat the park and the watershed Doing it. It has given me a timeframe from 1890 on my property. My deed says lots have 2-15 access across via the road. His Grandfather gave the county access in 1903 so another ranch could have access. The county tries to deny having the road.
California is corrupt.

@GeorgiaPeachie I tried to reply to your food manufactures that have been targeted this year. . . but it was too large. There is no comparison from what happened in 2021 to what is happening in 2022! This is totally manufactured!!

Spot on! It is manufactured, just like the lack of gas and oil…as well as lack of fertilizer. All go hand in hand. Makes me sick that we have those in DC who are destroying everything they can. They will pay.

Neighbor went to Walmart again last night. Dairy shelves completely empty. Zero eggs, milk, butter, sour cream,... It kind of seems Walmart is trying to get people into fight mode; to step up the end game of the elites.
Cracks in the Wal Mart giant is being seen . When such a huge company begins to falter , the smaller stores or likely teetering on serious supply issues also . I will suspect the food supply in the big Democrat held cities are first priority for the Agenda 30 pushers . After all they made it no secret that one of their goals was to herd people out of rural areas and into tightly packed seas of humanity where , they can be controlled by the mother government .

Cracks in the Wal Mart giant is being seen . When such a huge company begins to falter , the smaller stores or likely teetering on serious supply issues also . I will suspect the food supply in the big Democrat held cities are first priority for the Agenda 30 pushers . After all they made it no secret that one of their goals was to herd people out of rural areas and into tightly packed seas of humanity where , they can be controlled by the mother government .

The elite destroys everything, first the supply, and then the distributors and big stores.
Then comes the big chaos and there are still about 85% sheep who do not suspect anything or think it will be all right and that Klaus Schwab is a good person who only means well.

Are the shelves only once empty and the sheep realize that nothing more comes then there is a huge chaos, looting and murder and manslaughter.

It is all planned and this is the final phase, inflation and the great destruction, when there is nothing left we will have no chance to rebuild the supply chains. No trucker will be so tired of life to drive into a big city to deliver goods if he is already intercepted and looted on the outskirts.

Latest posts

Back