FREE AntiVirus

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
who knows of a real good FREE AntiVirus ?? im having issues with my pc.and im thinking something might be there.and shouldn't be there to begin with...

I'm useing AVG 2014 and avast, both free and I have them both on my pc..sofar avoided every threat

yeah.i thought about AVG after i made the post..hadnt used it in years..running a scan now..it already got rid of a virus.and found 27 threats so far.and its up to 84% so far..

yeah.i thought about AVG after i made the post..hadnt used it in years..running a scan now..it already got rid of a virus.and found 27 threats so far.and its up to 84% so far..
I paid for web security for the last 2 years- tried 4 different outfits, when my p.c. crashed last month, installed a new hard drive. The tech loaded a free program called super anti-spyware. it has removed hundreds of threats. There's another called super anti malware bytes, also free. Both are recommended by the computer tech. I've only been using computers for 3 years so am still a bit illiterate on them but I know these 2 have done more than 2 years of payments did.

Last edited:
Malware bytes is free. Also Spybot search and destroy. These are scan tools however and not anti viruses. AVG FREE does a relatively good job considering its price...

I've got AVG, had one of those "police" virus things on a couple of months ago and it cleared it completely, before I used to get them all the time and it cost me £55 each time to take it to the shop and have it cleared.

Jim try Malware bytes free version and sometimes depending on country in extra tools it allows you to use the beta version of the deep digging anti root kit which is great at finding Trojans etc

Usually your internet service provider has one. Comcast uses Norton, cannot remember the others. It should be free.

my internet provider has F-secure anti virus..and apparently it aint worth a spit in the wind..im using the AVG 2014 right now..and it cleaned out 27-28 threats..i'll be looking into the others that everyone has mentioned,so i can choose the one i prefer..

Usually your internet service provider has one. Comcast uses Norton, cannot remember the others. It should be free.
Norton was 1 I tried because it was free and came with my p.c. While using them, they loaded a bunch of their associates' garbage on me who in turn gave my info to still others, That being one reason I eventually had to replace my hard drive. Norton is a capable enough web security, but they do share Your info with their contractors, creating a security breach. If You don't believe it, check out consumer reviews of their products. I'm not the only 1.

yeah.i had norton at first my self..but yet.it seemed that i started haveing issues with my pc,because of them..and im thinking its because of the stuff they was down loading as so calleed up dates..

In addition to Avast and AVG, if you do get a specific virus or malware, you can always Google on how to remove XXXXXX. Often, this has been the only way I've truly gotten rid of things.

Norton only cares about their corporate clients. They don't even test the updates for home users. It has over 14 different things that run in the background and bog your computer down. If you want the king buy NOD32 or G-Data...

The last computer I bought the guy told me to strip norton before I logged on to the net the first time , that it acts just like malware . I use Webroot now

yup, usually with these two free ones you get also a trialperiod with their somewhat more sofisticated version which you can either buy on not..but sofar I have managed quite well

Latest posts

Back