Frountier bread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalm 7

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Simple . 2 cups all purpose flour pinch of salt around 1 cup milk you want it thik but pourable . Heat skilet medium high with a little veg oil pour in batter to fill bottom filp when starting th brown around eadges cook till done on other side . Great with pinto's or any thing you like bread with . In a power long term power out situation you would use water instead of milk its good both ways . This came from old timers when there was no electricity and no running to the store . Great with deer roast too .

there are quite a few bread recipes that only need less than 4 ingredients. . . they may not taste the best, but you will get a full tummy and have some nutrients

think i will try this when makeingmy garden ready for the growthseason,something different than the usual bbq-sausage

Latest news about healthy eating....get rid of the veg oil go back to lard like our grandparents did. Mine on both sides lived into their eighties though my parents generation died of diseases in their sixties. Use whole milk and whole wheat. But still, they're claiming that grains are the demon. When I was growing up on a farm in the 50's we ate very little bread. It was stick to your ribs, taters, bacon, sausage, eggs and chicken. We had plenty of stew, beans and corn on the cob. Salad...what's that? Then we lost the farm and moved to the city and everybody began to bulk up on the grains. We could buy a loaf of bread for 10 cents and suddenly we were eating Kellogg's for breakfast (sugar fortified of course). I am currently drifting between the Paleo Diet and Atkins. I'll get you abreast of my success or failure. If I forget, call me on it will you? Thanks

Latest posts

Back