Fun Quiz - Your post-apocalyse job

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trEvKMFezBXl.jpg

LOL. I'm more of the jack of all trades/master of none type. Oddly enough, the Governor was my favorite character on the show. From the questions on the quiz, I wouldn't have guessed matching that though.

For all of his personal issues though, he did keep a pretty nice little town in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, so I think that shouldn't be forgotten. Even Rick's group did the same at the prison, for a while.

I got DOCTOR............go figure that one out!!:D

While a fun quiz, I think I'd really have a lot of possible roles post SHTF.

Doctor - I'm not quite EMT level yet, but constantly learning more, and learning a lot of veterinary med with all of our animals. Due to my wife's maladies and my daughter's, I've learned a lot about different medications, and I'm studying up on herbal and alternative medicine too (though I'll stick with modern where I can!).

Farmer - Just getting into this, but luckily, this area is great for it. (includes other redneck skills such as animal keeping and food perservation)

Trader - Once things settle down some, post SHTF, I'd be looking to trade excess produced goods for other, likely looted items from cities, from travelers.

Sentry - I'm not in great shape (though that would change post SHTF), but I am a pretty decent shot with a pistol or rifle. I'm no sniper, but I'm going to hit what I aim at, and put it down.

Mechanic - I'm pretty decent at minor electrician, plumbing, carpentry, and masonry jobs, as well as just fixing things in general. While older cars are easier, I can troubleshoot and fix some basic auto issues as well (just don't look to me to replace a tranny or anything). I'm pretty good at figuring out how things work, and coming up with a solution to get them working again.

In each of these, there's going to be someone in my group that is likely better at any particular ONE of these things, but being able to help in all of them, is a pretty good asset I think. At least when not being the Dictator....lol.

Me getting Doctor is a hoot, I've got some very ancient first aid skills...very rusty but I think I can just about remember the basics, CPR and bandaging and stuff but that's about it. Wife is the HERBALIST in the family. we are both gardeners and have both had allotments(rented veg gardens) in the past. we can both cook..and probably do basic butchery.

Latest posts

Back