Good Books

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriptic

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I've seen a post here and there mentioning certain books. I'm really trying to educate myself on all things prep and survival related.

I was hoping to get some 'must have' book recommendations from you guys that have been at this a while.

What should I be reading?

I would recommend "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know It by the Godfather himself (James Wesley Rawles). I did find an error in it though. But other than that... it seems pretty well written (so far... I'm still reading it).

I would recommend "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know It by the Godfather himself (James Wesley Rawles). I did find an error in it though. But other than that... it seems pretty well written (so far... I'm still reading it).

Awesome, I will check it out.

One I found that had great reviews was the SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman. I ordered it last week and it should be here today. I'll let ya know how it is after I've had a chance to look it over.

Awesome, I will check it out.

One I found that had great reviews was the SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman. I ordered it last week and it should be here today. I'll let ya know how it is after I've had a chance to look it over.
Please do let us know. I looked at getting this book too... but I figured that I should get the one I bought read first.

Here are some books I would recommend. Most are fairly cheap and lightweight and small.

books

books

$T2eC16NHJHYE9nzpcw(7BQjml+sT2w~~60_1.JPG

9781601708090.jpg

Don't laugh at the Zombie one. Even if your not prepping for Z day it has some decent tips for survival, especially for bugging out since keeping on the move is going to be one of the best bets in a Z Day scenario. And the zombie parts are pretty entertaining (at least until you need them then it's frickin terrifying cause people are trying to EAT you!!)

The Foxfire Book series. This is a collection of articles that highschool students collected from "old timers".
In the late 1960s, Eliot Wigginton and his students created the magazine Foxfire in an effort to record and preserve the traditional folk culture of the Southern Appalachians.

I was just getting ready to suggest the Foxfire series! Great minds think alike. They are good books that would be of use in the aftermath of what eventually happens.

I was just getting ready to suggest the Foxfire series! Great minds think alike. They are good books that would be of use in the aftermath of what eventually happens.
Hubby just got the 1-12 for Christmas

I reaf the whole series years ago via the local library. I am looking forward to the arrival of ordered books. We knew they were to come in after the holidays, but this is our Christmas gift to eachother

I just read Twilight's Last Gleaming by Nathan L. Combs

tlg.gif

From a fairly new prepper's persepective, I really really enjoyed it. Interesting read with lots of good info. I highly reccomend it.

You can purchase it from amazon or get the paperback for $16.95.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back