Growing demand for extra food storage space?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kitchens-pantry-latest-middle-class-have.html

So recent social trends to catch my eye have been the rise in Iceberg home for the Urban rich, Gated Communities or the rural rich and middle classes, an insane surge in demand for wood / multi fuel stoves, massive popularity in micro Solar and wind Powered systems, Improved PASSIVE home security upgrades such as Composite multi point locking doors, Laminating film or bars on windows. Older houses having chimneys and fire places reopened, Integral water filters fitted INLINE in household plumbing, and now demand is increasing for larger FOOD STORAGE space ( Larders)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kitchens-pantry-latest-middle-class-have.html

that's ok if you have the space, most modern houses are built without chimneys, are all electric, and have limited-if any-storage space, we had to build our food storage into an alcove, apart from a very small space under the stairs its the only storage in the entire house.

You can see why Victorian and Edwardian period houses even terraced ones are getting more popular, front and rear gardens, seperate garages, multiple chimneys, kitchens with larders, coal and firewood stores, I bet those folks who spent the 70s and 80s ripping all the useful bits out are kicking themselves now.

I see that the other place is heaving with posts, comments, articles, news links etc, I'm almost tempted to post a few articles to see the reaction.

funny man!!! John put on a post and he had 95 viewings and not one single reply!! I give up.
mind you I think all forums are fairly quiet at the moment, what with the new school term and winter just around the corner, maybe people are busy stocking up? i'd like to think so, but I wont hold my breath!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back