Gun News

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame it on "key-fob" mania that has taken over the planet.
Bearing Arms said:
"I feel bad for the gun owner, but I’m also trying to figure out just how this kind of thing happens. How do you not lock your car up when you keep a firearm in the vehicle? How?
Watch the video again; anybody notice that he was only checking the REAR doors of the vehicles?
Wonder why?
If you use a key fob, he can tell you a little secret.
nod.gif

When you put the car in park, it unlocks all the doors.
On some cars, the fob only locks the front doors on the first press and locks the others on the second press when it beeps the horn.
People get in a hurry or don't want to wake the Mrs. when they get home late from partying.
They never know that the rear doors weren't locked because the first thing they do when they come back is press "unlock".

Fortunately he only got a snubnose that isn't worth crap on the street. Not your weapon-of-choice to hold up a convenience store.
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My brand new 2017 Tacoma doesn't have a "key fob" or remote keyless entry. I have to put the key in the driver's door to get in and there isn't even a lock on the passenger side. So if the truck is locked I have to unlock the driver's door, press the unlock button and then walk around the truck to open the passenger door for my wife. Oh, I can count on one hand the number of times I needed to leave my carry gun in a locked car because of the place I was doing a thing.

My brand new 2017 Tacoma doesn't have a "key fob" or remote keyless entry. I have to put the key in the driver's door to get in and there isn't even a lock on the passenger side. So if the truck is locked I have to unlock the driver's door, press the unlock button and then walk around the truck to open the passenger door for my wife. Oh, I can count on one hand the number of times I needed to leave my carry gun in a locked car because of the place I was doing a thing.
The fob for my service van is taped inside a Ziploc to the inside of the back bumper in case I should manage to lock myself out.
I never use a fob for it or the other 2 vehicles I have. Keys still work. I can't believe we humans have gotten so lazy we can't stick a key in a car door.
:bang Head:
I posted in another thread how enterprising thieves managed to steal $160,000 worth of cars in only 2 hours using a fob-swap on car dealers.
It's stupid simple to do.

......... Keys still work. I can't believe we humans have gotten so lazy we can't stick a key in a car door......

For anyone that has ever had their door lock fill with water and freeze (during a freezing rain storm), the Key Fob is a very nice item to have, since the key will not go in the lock.

For anyone that has ever had their door lock fill with water and freeze (during a freezing rain storm), the Key Fob is a very nice item to have, since the key will not go in the lock.
The only time mine did, the door was coated with ice and I couldn't rip the door open anyway.
Kinda what it sounds like when God tells you to go back inside for a while.
:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back