Hell On Wheels

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Neighbor
Has anyone gotten into this show? I started watching the older seasons and got hooked It's one of the few shows I really enjoy nowadays.

I'm not sure that it's really DPF material, so I posted it here in Off Topic... Still, I can't help but think of prepping while watching that show. From their ways of bartering with the native indians to roughing it when their out of cattle, and have nothing but scraps to eat. I think we've gotten so technologically advanced that most folks wouldn't stand a chance in situations like that. It's just beyond our basic knowledge now. Many can't cope without their BlackBerry, let alone build a home on the range with nothing but God's country around us. It seems like a rough life, but a simple one, too. I'm really digging this show, anyone else??

Has anyone gotten into this show? I started watching the older seasons and got hooked It's one of the few shows I really enjoy nowadays.

I'm not sure that it's really DPF material, so I posted it here in Off Topic... Still, I can't help but think of prepping while watching that show. From their ways of bartering with the native indians to roughing it when their out of cattle, and have nothing but scraps to eat. I think we've gotten so technologically advanced that most folks wouldn't stand a chance in situations like that. It's just beyond our basic knowledge now. Many can't cope without their BlackBerry, let alone build a home on the range with nothing but God's country around us. It seems like a rough life, but a simple one, too. I'm really digging this show, anyone else??

I just heard about it today, and was told it's a must see. Netflex has the series i think.

I watch it, love it. I dvr it so I can watch when I can. Watching this show is what made me consider buying a small sawmill.

Latest posts

Back