home built grenhouse

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone ever built a greenhouse using pvc pipe?
I see them all over the place. You can google PVC greenhouse kits and buy the fittings, then add your own cover and pipe, wa la, you have a greenhouse. It may not be as sturdy as galv pipe, but it's sturdy enough to start your vegetables. The one I put up isn't heated, so I stick to winter veggies in the cold months, but I can plant earlier than everyone else, and can grow later in the season as well. I've been eating fresh salads for about three weeks now, and am loving it.

videos are out..on account i only have 10.3 MB's of internet time per month..and videos eats up the internet time real fast..i figured id just go to lowes or home depot for all the parts,and maybe stock up on a lil bit of extra plumbing supplys at the same time..

uploadfromtaptalk1394083810167.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394083826080.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394083844714.jpg

Out of order . Sorry.

Thats about all the screen shots I can stand to take :) . Hope you get some ideas

yeah they do give me some good ideas..thanks for them pics..i scrolled back up to the 1st one just to make sure i can download to my documents..did so with success..that means i can down load all of them.then save up to cd and print them as well..i like the pvc door concept more then the 2x4 door concept

from what i know about pvc pipe..it'll hold up through the winter..don't forget.any pipe in the ground is subject to the cold..and the only thing that'll break it.is if it's full of water and it freezes up in which the pipe breaks..it'll hold up for a few years if properly maintained,.and as long as nothing happens to break it

what im thinking of doing..is build the frame out of pvc pipe..and if i can.use the clear pvc panels cross ways on it not only to close it in..but i figure that'll make it stronger and more sturdy as well

what im thinking of doing..is build the frame out of pvc pipe..and if i can.use the clear pvc panels cross ways on it not only to close it in..but i figure that'll make it stronger and more sturdy as well
I think you would have to have some 2x4 s on the ends and in the middle to anchor the panels, need some ideas ...........maybe u-bolt type fastener to hold panel on pvc pipe.

Last edited:
what i have in mind..is to use a drill to drill the needed holes through the panels and pvc..then use self tapping screws with bolt heads on them to fasten the panels in place..or drill holes all the way through.then use bolts nuts and washers to bolt them into place.

Latest posts

Back