Homestead journey

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we have permits, the culverts are going in. Foundation for Quonset hut is done and we are ready to put up the walls.
Bobcat was down for a week so it set us back a bit.
Culverts are overkill but it’s what the county wanted.

IMG_5244.jpeg
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_2983.jpeg
71934502796__5AA33E27-7A41-4D06-AC89-036F71E2B7E0.jpeg

Evening everyone and thanks for the kind messages of concern.
Everything has been ok (health wise), we moved off the property in January when there was a huge freeze and the windows in the RV were icing over. I woke up one morning and it was 40 degrees in the RV despite the heater running full blast all night.

We moved into a townhouse in town, just a few minutes from the hospital I work at. Hubs goes out to the property every day and I try to garden as much as I can. Kids are moved back to the area, so a lot has been going on there as they are both in these transitions in life. At the beginning of the year, one of my colleages wound up having emergency cardiac bypass surgery and another one had a baby so we were down 2 people. Needless to say, I ended up working a ton. That is all straightening out now, and am hoping to get re-caught up again soon.

As far as the property goes, permits have been held up for the cabin (go figure). We've got another shed built and the cover for the saw mill. We've been widening the road and the culverts are in. Our son has moved out to the property for the summer and that has been really helpful.

It's great to hear from you!

Glad that you are back, hope that your permits get sorted, bureaucrats are enemy combatants and should be treated as such,

Glad that you are back, hope that your permits get sorted, bureaucrats are enemy combatants and should be treated as such,
oh man I could tell you some stories. Hubs is fit to be tied. If it's not one thing its another. Shoulda bought property in Idaho. Haha

Glad you're doing well. Our daughter is outside of Seattle, and tells me what a pain everything is in the PNW.
we just got back from that area, wasn't a bad drive since we left at 6:30 am. Haha
Everything is overcrowded and expensive, bought coffee and breakfast at Starbucks on the way out and spent $27 for 2 coffees and 2 breakfast sandwiches. Ridiculous.

Yep. I hear about it. She's in Marysville, outside of Seattle. She's been to our place twice recently, and loves it, doesn't want to go home. Hoping to get her husband out for a visit, soon, we'll see. Sounds like even grocery shopping there is an experience. She says alot of Canadians come and shop there because it's not too far and it's cheaper, but she still pays way too much for meat.

Yep. I hear about it. She's in Marysville, outside of Seattle. She's been to our place twice recently, and loves it, doesn't want to go home. Hoping to get her husband out for a visit, soon, we'll see. Sounds like even grocery shopping there is an experience. She says alot of Canadians come and shop there because it's not too far and it's cheaper, but she still pays way too much for meat.
Yeah my step son and his wife live in Woodinville. The cost of everything is crazy. thankfully the east side of the state is a little better.

Yeah my step son and his wife live in Woodinville. The cost of everything is crazy. thankfully the east side of the state is a little better.

Haven't heard that name in ages. I used to eat at a bbq restaurant in Woodinvillle. I think my hotel was one exit up. Behind the hotel is where they launched the hot air balloon rides over seattle. I was there working on catscans. Think i ate at every place in woodinville at least once, only a few. The bbq was the best place to eat by far, ate there several times.

Hey DrJ. Missed you the past couple years. You had some nice plans you shared. Too bad a winter in a camper didn’t work.
I am developing a smaller place with only a state in between us in a more favorable climate for a homesteading thing.
Busy DVM wife has gotten into freeze drying and canning. She will have a nice room in the workshop for that and her cast iron hobby when I am finished

Latest posts

Back