How many knives/ tools are too many?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake-prepper_hopeful

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Amateur Radio Call Sign
JZ1213
I have about 13 different knives/ tools in my bob and growing, how many is too many, (9 of them attach to my belt and 4 can fit in my pockets) I think in the "more is more" category, and they are used for camping too, so they have yet to all be field tested as I can't camp on an inch and a half of ice. But I am narrowing it down, anyone else feel their bag has overkill on knives/tools?

well can you lay them out,and see 2 or more tools that'll do the same job/task?and can see 2 or more tools that'll do 2 or more jobs/task?..if you can.then you might have to many.one knife or tool that has a multi propose to it,can take the place of other knifes and/or tools..and being careful not to remove some thing there that you might or will need.

ITS NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2042.JPG

I like the setup ronin! I don't have mine organized quite as well, since my bag is falling apart at the seams, literally! Lol but I will post up my knives and such soon

And doc, I like the saying, but I love my knives and they come in very handy I've needed all of them at some point and I was glad I had them lol, but I don't want to have a bob... AND a K-T bag

Probably a BIT excessive. I have an EDC Swiss Army style knife, a small folding knife (great for using for small tasks, eating, etc. and it clips to my backpack strap), a large combat knife (inside the backpack, but would be put on my belt), a long knife (part of a camp saw, stores in handle, inside the backpack), and a large machete (leg sheath). Anything more for me would be overkill I think, but to each their own.

Latest posts

Back