Ibc Totes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Looking for information on ibc totes in general and specifically connection types. I was gifted two totes during a drought years ago. I was trying to save 3 acres of produce when I sold at the farmers market. The totes had different connection types. One has a cam connection the other a cam with threads on the end. Both are different sizes when measured with calipers ( both inside and outside diameters).

At the time it was simpler to use siphon hoses to water my produce. I didn’t have time to figure out connection adapters to garden hoses for two different totes.

This week I tried to figure out how to connect a garden hose to a tote for use by my corral. Again, I have two different connection sizes and types. My measurements with calipers don’t match any information I found on the web. The web sites I saw blended inch and millimeter measurements in a nonsensical way.

Any members know the ins and outs of hooking a garden hose to an ibc tote? I looked through some old threads. @zoomzoom and a few others seem to have experience with them. Help?

Amazon has page after page of adapters for sale... again, the sizes have me stumped.

My IBC had a reducer with a 90º valve. Take whatever fittings you can out of the IBC and haul them down to the hardware store and pick up adaptors so that you can come up with a system that matches your pipe.

Latest posts

Back