If won't be long before we all have a Cabella's in our town

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Got to give it to Cabela's, they are thinking way out of the box here...losing ground to the internet marketing scheme and not able to place the larger Cabela Mega stores in certain markets. Cabela's came up with a brand marketing option that might drive some Sports Stores like Academy out of business. Long known for their quality and customer service. Cabell's launched their Cabela Outpost. I recently visited the new Cabela Outpost in Lubbock, Texas while moving my daughter for another school year at Texas Tech.

Teased by my daughter that Lubbock has a Cabela's, I thought wonderful, a city of 250K in West Texas has something to cheer about because game and fish are bountiful in that area of Texas. So square footage it is not nearly as large as their Mega Cabela's found in Fort Worth I-35 or elsewhere in the U.S., it does rival Academy and does a great job of selection, where Academy does struggle, especially when it comes to apparel. I didn't see many sales at Cabela, but because the store is really new, I am sure it won't be long, where you might find a bargain. Also the Outpost does sell any boats, trailers or other high end adventure stuff an it is missing the second floor, maybe that was an oversight or just Cabella's branding idea.

So hopefully, we will see a Cabela's Outpost in our city, their sure would be a demand and possibly cause Academy to research their sales a bit. One thing was sure, they had their typical weapon selection and the prices were reasonable. Okay, it was one of those days where all I did was look from the counter and not even hold one rifle...couldn't risk the temptation and the wife wasn't their to supervise.

Ours opens the 20th of this month...Bass Pro two exits north opens soon...and one exit north of that Academy, which has been open for couple months now!

Cabela's opening near hear . I forgot if it is Nashvile / Muufreesboro TN or Huntsvile AL . Nashvile has a Bass Pro .

Ours opens the 20th of this month...Bass Pro two exits north opens soon...and one exit north of that Academy, which has been open for couple months now!
Cabela's opening near hear . I forgot if it is Nashvile / Muufreesboro TN or Huntsvile AL . Nashvile has a Bass Pro .

Okay I am envious...I am held at hostage with Academy "they call it sale prices"...right and I've got a piece of land with a statue for sale in NYC.

Latest posts

Back