in drive by state farm

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
what do yall know about the In-Drive device from state farm insurance?.does nsa or who ever get info from it? or what?..the reason im asking..is my mom has gotton one to cut down on isurance cost..

I imagine it is a lot like Progressive's snap-shot. Tracks your driving info so they can analyze data, in exchange for lower rate. Privacy for sale....

My mother in law got one from allstate. She is a 72 yr old woman and drives really slow and cautious, and I'm pretty sure she has never had a ticket. Anyways, once a week they drive to another town to go out to lunch, other than that she just goes to the grocery store and local stuff. It's an 80 mile round trip to go to their favorite restauraunt. Well, Allstate said because she drives so much her rates are going up! They also said that the driving was during peak hours, which was a bad thing too. I think it"s a scam, and the insurance company can use it as an excuse if they deem you a higher risk, due to age or any other statistic they want. I'm not paranoid or anything, but I really don't like loosing the little bit of privacy i have left.

i agree with the privacy part as well. i've done research since my 1st post..and it appears that a lot of ppl are having issues with them,when it comes to the In-Drive.and 1 person gave his debt card number during the 1 year free trail.and they ended up charging him $32 something.

Latest posts

Back