Interesting find at the Dollar Tree...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipper

Dirty White Boy
Neighbor
New sealed DVD movies for $1 each. Two boxes with about 15 titles so I got 10 titles. According to my DVD database I'm 5 DVDs short of 1000.

Could be a reason they only cost a dollar. LOL

I've seen Get The Gringo before. It stars Mel Gibson and about a con man (Mel) in a Mexican prison. Cool movie.

You haven't heard of Red Dragon? It's about Hannibal (the cannibal) Lecter.

I've seen Get The Gringo before. It stars Mel Gibson and about a con man (Mel) in a Mexican prison. Cool movie.

You haven't heard of Red Dragon? It's about Hannibal (the cannibal) Lecter.
I recognize some of the names but like I said, they may be priced at $1 because they are not that popular or good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Different strokes for different folks so you're neither right nor wrong.

Different strokes for different folks so you're neither right nor wrong.
I hear you, I'm not into buying $20 DVD's either and most of my collection is from the $5 Walmart bin unless I just really really wanna see that movie. I think the last movie I broke out the big bucks for was Dead Pool. But even then it was $14 and I think it was worth it. :D

I was just commenting that I am out of touch with new movies these days. Not intending to start a fight over what is or is not a good movie. I couldn't name one recent song by a current music artist either...

A lot of my collection were from Walmart bargain bins ($3.84-$5) but also from pawn shops and thrift stores. I bought a lot new because I'd never find them in used areas. They are keepers.

I have only one criteria in DVD movies, they must have cc/SDH as I have a hearing impairment.

LOL.... My wife has 6 bookcases full of DVDs and VHS tapes. Most are $8 to $20. I do not complain as she watches all of them over and over (continually) and its a trade off as she has no other bad habits (except cigarettes) and she tolerates my interests... :heart: I was going to post a photo, but she preferred that I not, so.... :surrender:

As I said before, I am 5 shy of 1000 movie DVDs I have no room for cases so they're in cake boxes (spindles). I have a shelf full of TV seasons and those I keep in their cases.

I have a database to keep track and all the DVDs in cake boxes are in alphabetical order.

As I said before, I am 5 shy of 1000 movie DVDs I have no room for cases so they're in cake boxes (spindles). I have a shelf full of TV seasons and those I keep in their cases.

I have a database to keep track and all the DVDs in cake boxes are in alphabetical order.

We don't have nearly that many. I think your method (cake boxes) is far better than my wife's. Probably 9/10s of her bookcases' space is taken up just by the cases.

One normal DVD case equals 10 DVDs.

By the way, I put up a shelf across my window for the DVDs. The new DVD player is for redundancy:

A bookcase screwed to the wall for my TV season DVDs:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back