Interesting 'Vintage bushcraft kit'

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I don't believe this picture to be of a real kit per say but to illustrate what yesterdays bushcraft kit might have entailed never the less I find the picture interesting, also interesting combo of new/old

a022df63772053a59d279276d434f53b.jpg

Last edited:
I love it!! What else do you really need to survive :D, back in the 'good ole days'! Don't ya just wish life was so simple?

I love it!! What else do you really need to survive :D, back in the 'good ole days'! Don't ya just wish life was so simple?

Sometime I do just wish life was out of a backpack, when we lived upon the mountain we averaged 10' of snow in the fall/winter from october through the middle of april sometimes going a month at a time without power, here is a picture from 2010, we had to dig out take a look at the top of the truck, yes the truck was buried that much ;)

395405_2767187253576_221689898_n.jpg

Sometime I do just wish life was out of a backpack, when we lived upon the mountain we averaged 10' of snow in the fall/winter from october through the middle of april sometimes going a month at a time without power, here is a picture from 2010, we had to dig out take a look at the top of the truck, yes the truck was buried that much ;)

View attachment 3104
When I visited my grandparents house in CO back when I was a kid, we got 6 ft of snow. . . that was the best winter ever, since I had only seen snow a few times in my lifetime. . . I was only about 9 at the time. They have all their lines underground so we never lost power, but I have been through some hurricanes here and have had to live the "good ole days" for a few weeks.

you can actually live and survive without alot of modern gizmos, I have some of that good old stuff, drinking coffee from that wooden cup is great, you never burn your mouth, and it follows me when I go fishing,camping or just take a longer walk

Amazing how much sewing supplies always seem to be included. I actually added them to my BOB after seeing all the Lewis and Clark gear list.

that compass in the pic...really love it..so different than mine..so cooooooooool and beautiful

Latest posts

Back