Is a mini ICE AGE on the way?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030 and could cause temperatures to plummet

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...un-sleep-2020-cause-temperatures-plummet.html

Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030 and could cause temperatures to plummet

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...un-sleep-2020-cause-temperatures-plummet.html
I think people have been predicting crap for centuries, so don't put too much stock in it. I sure wish it would start one though as I'm allready tired of the heat, and summer just started.

With temps we have had recently I am ready. . . .but really it has been a cooler summer for us with all the rain we have had. I was sweating my butt off this morning weeding and picking though. Hunny decided this late morning that we needed to take some time off and took the boat down the river. It ended up raining on us and I was ducking under the windshield to keep it out of my eyes. . . yeah I got cold! But yet going down the other end of the river I was letting my hair down to dry out. It's always unpredictable around here. A few days ago, we had 10% chance of rain and it poured half the day.

I love the fact that they say this will happen or they will cancel each other out. . . so they are basically saying this will or will not really happen

The whole problem with the idea of predicting solar cycles is that, from our brief time of observing the sun scientifically, compared to how long the sun has been going, we simply don't have enough data on the sun's actions to go on, as NONE of it appears to really be cyclical. So, "cracking" the code seems unlikely, when you've only seen a letter or two of the entire alphabet, for human history.

Latest posts

Back