is it possible??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jontte

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
been thinking abt a possible emp-burst,do you here know is it possible to build a farradycage to protect your computer?? something might work after the emp..would love to know,thanks in advace

Yes a Faraday cage can protect from an EMP - if the computer is off and unplugged.

Your problem is going to be voltage spikes coming in through the network and power cords. I had a voltage spike come in through the network once that fried every network card in the house, including the one in the printer. There are UPS's that have Ethernet port protection.

thanks friend!! I do sometimes unplugg the piece but I should build that cage aswell

yeah it's possible..it's a matter of learning how big the fara cage/box needs to be for it..what materials are needed for it.right along with keeping up with solar flares,this way you can have at least a idea to (WHEN) to put your pc and all into it,to protect it from a emp.

Latest posts

Back