Current Pulse of HCL--counts, and other data

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As large as the database of this forum has to be, to take on another large complete server database, merge the users and classify all of the subjects in as short of a time as this has been is a HERCULEAN Effort.

IT has to be like jumping from the pond into the ocean.

I say everyone should stay and settle down for the people typing moving merging and slotting the threads to have time to do it as they deal with daily increases in the cost and decreases in the available space.

I am a short timer here and can only post from my experiences since the first modems connected after
The internet was "invented".

Looks like it is getting done at a racetrack rate to me, nothing but ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for the staff.

As large as the database of this forum has to be, to take on another large complete server database, merge the users and classify all of the subjects in as short of a time as this has been is a HERCULEAN Effort.

I say everyone should stay and settle down for the people typing moving merging and slotting the threads to have time to do it as they deal with daily increases in the cost and decreases in the available space.

I am a short timer here and can only post from my experiences since the first modems connected after
The internet was "invented".

Looks like it is getting done at a racetrack rate to me, nothing but ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for the staff.
Swing will be back later to give you a hug and kiss.
All I got was a pat on the back. :(
Lol

You mentioned having trouble finding threads from DPF....
When a thread from each forum has exactly the same title, they must change one to keep the computer from getting confused.
Like these, where they added a period to one of them to keep them separate:
Screenshot_20240610-233950_kindlephoto-671194627.png

Swing will be back later to give you a hug and kiss.
All I got was a pat on the back. :(
Lol
No pat on the back needed for me, @OldSchool heheheh seen the things these electronic marvels make you do just to get one task completed before and that is why I dislike computers so much.

I look at it like a mountain of billions of letters, or colored light pulses, symbols and numbers growing exponentially every time you hit a key and you trying to dig through it.

I clicked on the Doomsday Prepper icon, and it led me to HCL forum. Kind of a surprise, since this is 10 days before the date we were told. I think it is good since people have had time to come to terms with it. I'm glad I posted the counts yesterday, just in time.
3948 members
34,758 threads
938,466 messages

And Amish! You are now the post leader!

Gotta go start reading all the posts!
Its been a little more than 3 months since I did an update, relative to the merge with Doomsday Preppers. We have 33 less members since then. These must be the protesters. I hope all is well with their new home.

Forum statistics
Threads 35,764
Messages 975,076
Members 3,915

I don't know if I am the only one tracking this, but we are almost to 1 million forum messages posted. Only 290 more messages to go.

I saw this when I first came on board and have been checking it from time to time ever since.

I hope the staff can tell us who eventually posts the millionth message.

Of course for all I know this forum is like a vintage car when there mileage just turns over to 000,000 at that point.

tracking.png

Last edited:
At least I don't have the most posts anymore, others are catching up quickly. Always more concerned with quality and interesting content from my little world. After Jim and Sentry stepped down I had access to tons of meme's and tried to fill the void. Others can do that now... thankfully! Besides, I'm all out of jokes! 🤣 Feel much better staying in my lane again... or a gravel road. 😇

Last edited:
🐝 There ^^^ or 🐝 Square...!!! ;)

yall better hope i dont listen to music tonight i might roll it over on yall.....hammer down...maybe some texas hippie coalition !!

I realize I have messed things up and would ya just give me a few minutes to correct my mistakes?
It is now corrected and the thread that @d_marsh started about HCL reaching 1 million posts is tagged onto the last part of the current pulse of hcl thread. Here. Right now. @Bacpacker
and @MoBookworm1957

Last edited:
I realize I have messed things up and would ya just give me a few minutes to correct my mistakes?
It is now corrected and the thread that @d_marsh started about HCL reaching 1 million posts is tagged onto the last part of the current pulse of hcl thread. Here. Right now. @Bacpacker
and @MoBookworm1957
What? Huh?
I was busy giggling at the my Irishman.

Latest posts

Back